- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military instillations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we're here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Hourly Pay Rate- $16
Sift/Hours-Monday to Friday - 6.45 am-3.15 pm
Location-Edmonton Law Court, 1A Sir Winston Churchill Sq, Edmonton AB
Job Summary Prepares food and serves customers in accordance with applicable local standards, guidelines and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain daily production schedule and preparation requirements from the Chef.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Prep Cooks? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role:
- Previous experience as a Prep cook required.
- Food Safety Certification an asset.
- Experience with catering, buffet setups.
- Must be able to clear a criminal records check
- Excellent driver s abstract
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.
- lawyers and attorneys