- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
LOCATION: Montreal, Quebec (CA-QC)
JOB NUMBER: 32563
Why you should join us:
Are you mechanically savvy and motivated to join Suncor as a Process Operator? If you are passionate about safety, building positive relationships, and working within a strong team environment, then we have the role for you! Working at our Montréal refinery has a lot of perks. In this temporary role, you get to use your technical skills and knowledge to safely and reliably maintain the operation of processes in order to optimize production in an environmentally responsible manner. You will also get to be a part of a team of highly motivated professionals, supporting our 137,000-barrel-per-day refinery that produces gasoline, distillates, asphalts, heavy fuel oil, petrochemicals, solvents and feedstock for lubricants.
You will use your expertise to:
- Start up and shut down equipment related to the tank car loading rack
- Take the initiative to solve problems as soon as they arise
- Monitor the status of current maintenance work regularly
- Conduct product transfers and perform light maintenance as well as any other tasks required to ensure smooth operations
- Perform verification of wagons with the check list
- Load and unload trucks and/or tank cars of petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, aromatics, propane, butane, etc.
- Sampling, gauging and measuring the temperature of railcars
- Prepare documentation for expedition
- Operate the locotractor
- Perform any other tasks required to ensure smooth operations
- Perform firefighting tasks and respond to emergencies when required
We'd like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Five years of experience in chemical processes and/or a DEC or AEC (diploma or attestation of college studies) in chemical process techniques or the equivalent
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Strong proven troubleshooting skills and the ability to make timely decisions
- The ability to collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- The drive to constantly seek to broaden your knowledge of systems, processes and work-related hazards in order to not only understand the nature of the work, but its usefulness
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- A Class 4 (or higher) static-equipment mechanic s qualification card/certificate
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work at our Montréal refinery, located at 11701 Sherbrooke Street East
- The shift schedule is two days on, two days off, three days on, two days off, two days on, three days off, with 12-hour shifts
- This is a temporary position for a period of 12 months
- This position is safety sensitive
- You need to be available to work overtime when required
- You will perform some heavy lifting, make use of ladders, and work on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers, and must have the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
We want you to have a job you're passionate about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself. Suncor is a company where you can significantly grow your skills and career and achieve success.
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. We live by the value of safety above all else - do it safely, or don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values .
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators
- engineers and technicians