- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. (formerly GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc.) we are committed to excellence in every business initiative. BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada (BWXT NEC) has achieved an enviable international reputation for excellence in the supply of nuclear fuel and fuel handling systems and service for CANDU reactors in both domestic and international markets. Our success is the result of our commitment to our employees, customers, quality & EHS initiatives.
BWXT NEC Arnprior Tubing Operations is looking for a motivated process owner that will bring energy, integrity and diligence to the team.
The essential responsibilities of the role include Engineering, Environmental, Health and Safety, (EHS) and Quality Assurance, (QA). The percentage of time allocated to each responsibility will vary depending on Business needs.
Engineering, EHS and Quality responsibilities include;
- Manage assigned production processes (including documentation, changes, training, optimization)
- Contribute to process and product improvement teams and provide solutions to help drive process efficiencies
- Provide solutions to the Maintenance and Engineering Leader and Plant Manager on site or Business projects when requested
- Respond to production, quality and EHS concerns, participate in cross-functional teams, use problem solving and troubleshooting techniques
- Perform job safety risk assessments by thoroughly understanding Workstation procedures and by conducting employee interviews
- Perform Hazard Identification and safety inspections in the workplace.
- Manage EHS compliance inspections and the EHS corrective action system
- Conduct incident investigations and other EHS tasks as required
- Initiate changes and support change management
- Manage UT (ultra-sonic) test standards calibration process
- Perform audits on production and quality processes for conformity to regulatory and customer requirements.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Post-Secondary education in technical field such as engineering
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a related field
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong focus on health and safety
- Strong understanding of quality programs
BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.
- trades and professions