- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60947
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank’s engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that’s impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video
Scotiabank has begun the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. Scotiabank’s Platform Organization (PLATO) is a development platform, which drives velocity, service enablement and reusability. It’s an integrated set of technical products encapsulating critical enterprise capabilities, automated processes, and social architecture to enable high-velocity application development.
The aim is to reduce costs by providing a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development team to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
Role: Group Product Manager, Platform Organization (PLATO)
Purpose of Job:
Reporting into the Global Head of Product Management & Business Operations, the Group Product manager would manage a team of Product Managers and will ensure that PLATO has a well-defined and understood Product Management practice that enables PLATO’s markets within the bank to successfully adopt PLATO platforms on their transformative journey to become Cloud Native. We are looking for someone to monitor and improve our product management model ensuring that we are in line with our strategic goals and executing successful programs that meet the needs of our markets. The candidate with ensure that PLATO teams and market teams have access to product collateral and information ensuring they can successfully adopt PLATO platforms and meet their adoption commitments. The candidate will ensure that PLATO has a well-defined and understood cadence of Product Management with supporting artifacts addressing product, service, and feature roadmaps and content that supports effective marketing, training, and adoption planning and execution. The candidate will demonstrate leadership skills and be able to communicate the vision of the PLATO organization across all levels. In this role, there is ample opportunity for the candidate to work with inspiring leaders and immerse themselves in initiatives that are meaningful and make an impact.
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategy focused on market segment success aligned to PLATO’s product performance targets, PLATO goals, KRAs, and KPIs
- Deliver improvement of PLATO’s Product Management practice driving predictability, consistency, and improved cadence
- Provide governance and oversight to product management functions, deliverables, processes, and progress reporting
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional teams to assure the successful progress through to maturity of PLATO’s products
- Guide the interaction of the product management team with cross-functional teams to ensure successful product and feature delivery & launches aligned with target benefits and market team commitments in all PLATO key result areas (KRAs). This will include risk assessment and monitoring to understand vulnerabilities and contingency planning to product launch planning
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics to ensure efficient and timely operational cadence and to address risks and issues when they arise
- Prepare and present executive updates on the product management practice
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, product and engineering teams, enterprise architecture, and market teams to make decisions regarding day-to-day activity and strategic goals
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
- Facilitate appropriate escalation of risks and issues to Product leadership team
- Provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis
Required Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years senior leadership role in an appropriate field
- Knowledge of the Cloud market and industry
- Superior knowledge of product management functions and principles, including stakeholder man