- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 68864
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job
Scotia iTRADE is looking for an innovative, client-focused, results-oriented and highly motivated Product Manager to join the Product Strategy & Development team. The incumbent is responsible leading the continued enhancement of Scotia iTRADE's digital platforms. They will identify product, channel and technology solutions to enhance the client experience – and develop strategies for business automation or digitalization that ensure revenue, profitability, growth and client satisfaction targets are met. As such, he/she must have experience with product proposal / management, cost-benefit analysis, financial modelling, creating business cases, digital delivery and tracking KPIs to measure success.
The incumbent must have excellent knowledge of technology & trends, solid analytical skills, strong business acumen, strategic focus, planning skills, and an understanding of the Fintech space. At the same time, he/she is expected to use diplomacy, judgment, and persuasion to secure consensus and co-operation from senior management, operational and front-line teams, vendors and other Wealth Management stakeholders.
The incumbent is responsible for analyzing and planning the implementation of business solutions to address the strategic objectives of the Direct Investing business. These initiatives are focused on new business opportunities, new / enhanced features, functionality and tools, and building relationships/partnerships that deliver against Scotia iTRADE’s client value proposition and key business metrics. This role will work with vendors to assess new offerings – and help to manage existing vendor and supplier relationships. The Product Manager will work collaboratively with colleagues in marketing, client analytics, U/X & Design, sales and service, product ownership, and technology/technical resources to conceive of and manage the digital product roadmap.
1. Research the industry, market trends, client surveys and vendor offerings to identify new product offerings (features, functionality, tools & content) and digital strategies that enhance the client experience or support business objectives – and prepare supporting business cases and business plans
2. Evaluate business opportunities by developing financial models that analyze potential impact on the business based on key performance metrics, major risks, market research, and internal and external benchmarks and trends
3. Manage end to end product management including product strategy, vendor sourcing, research & analysis, business case, digital solution delivery, financial management, KPI tracking and change management.
4. Engage with business and technology to become voice of the customer and deliver strategic initiatives. Coordinate gathering requirements for digital initiatives. Partner with business leads, technology and user experience teams to develop, test, and deploy enhancements
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of Fintech and direct investing business strategies, product offerings, business processes and rapidly changing technology to be able to develop effective business solutions
6. Monitor competitor products and marketing activities and maintain awareness of regulatory and industry-wide trends and opportunities
7. Resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying financial services and technical knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions
8. Recommend KPIs and product acquisition/adoption/retention goals for Digital Products, channels and platforms. Review progress against goals and establish recommendations to close any gaps
9. Work with internal partners and stakeholders from across the organization to ensure the success of the digital product and program offerings. This includes working with teams to: develop plans to enhance usage, client experience and satisfaction; manage enhancements to improve risk controls, and ensuring operational components are managed effectively.
10. Work with external vendors and suppliers to assess partnerships opportunities, or to manage ongoing vendor relationships and partnership strategies.
11. Plan long-term technology/product roadmaps in support of different channels and platforms.
Skills and Experience
• In-depth experience with business analysis and financial modelling, along with excellent business acumen, strategic thinking and planning skills. Ability to think strategically while working tactically.• In-depth knowledge of the digital landscape, vendors and competition, with a specific focus on the financial services industry.
• Lead and manage the end to end delivery of digital solutions/platforms for Scotia iTRADE. Work closely with the senior management and executives to support various strategic initiatives and product enhancements.
• Understanding of new and emerging web/mobile technologies and digital trends.
• Demonstrated ability to persuade, negotiate and diplomatically communicate, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines, with limited resources and competing priorities.
• Excellent relationship building capabilities with partners both internal and external to the organization
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Marketing, Product Management & Administration, Technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• 5+ Years Product Management/Strategy: Experience in progressively responsible positions preferably within the financial, retail banking industry and/or online brokerage.
• 5+ years Vendor Management: Experience managing vendors with proven ability to drive results with external partners.
• 5+ years Project Execution: Proven experience serving as a lead role or subject matter expert on cross-functional digital initiatives. Ideally candidate will have worked with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- ms project
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.