- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
What are my responsibilities?
As a Product Validation & Verification Engineer, you test and validate critical software applications so that complex and innovative transportation systems can operate every day. Your colleagues and customers trust you to make sure the behavior and performance of our solutions comply with their design. Because we continuously search for new ways to make our products better, you need to be curious for all innovative technologies that can make mobility smarter and safer (automation, predictive tools, autonomous vehicles, data science etc.).
Your responsibilities include the following activities:
- Specify and design overall requirements-based tests: test architecture (test plan), test design (test cases) - for Embedded software, application software and/or systems
- Prepare overall tests (tests sheets and tests scenario)
- Perform test sessions: execute test procedures, produce test reports and associated Change Requests
- If applicable: perform customer acceptance tests, participate to site tests
- Specify, design, develop and validate test environment & tools (test bench, recording tools, simulated I/O ...)
- Perform investigations on defects detected on test bench or on site
- Estimate workload, realize scheduling and follow-up of validation activities
- Manage V&V work products under configuration management according to Configuration Management Plan
- Ensure test traceability vs. requirements according to Requirements Management Plan
What do I need to qualify for this job?
This role requires being structured, creative and organized as well as strong communication skills. You will exemplify a collaborative approach to problem solving and demonstrate the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Bachelor's degree in electronic or software engineering;
- 2+ years of previous related test, V&V engineering experience with Embedded systems
- Experience in software design and development (C/C++, Python);
- Experience in the field of automation (knowledge of National Instrument software suite is a plus);
- Requirements Management Tools (DOORs and/or Reqtify)
- Familiarity with Agile development environment concepts.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.