- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- North York
Requisition ID: 61049
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Program Manager provides guidance, thought leadership and recommendations to Scotiabank’s key operations sponsors in managing their business needs and is responsible for implementing and managing business initiatives within Canadian Operations.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge. Plan and manage the delivery of identified initiatives in support of the business objectives and ongoing operations.
- Program Management: Lead and manage complex programs involving multiple concurrent interrelated projects that have high impact and visibility to business operations. Programs are typically multi-year, multi-phased endeavors that involve one or more projects that may be managed by other project managers and/or project coordinators. You will be expected to bring clear, logical decision-making, strong leadership, and the ability to prioritize conflicting priorities with all levels in the organization and strong experienced with delivering project and program updates to executive levels. Provide thought leadership within the program using analytics collected from project contributors. Extensive experience managing program work plans, proven ability in building relationships with broad range of constituencies. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations and Skilled at managing upward.
- Collaboration: Promote collaboration across teams, departments and BU’s that have primary involvement in projects. Manage effective partnership relationships with cross functional teams that span departments and business units. Promote and work to mature project/program management processes, and discipline. Specific activities will include: Risks & Issues management, Knowledge Management, best practices related to estimating, Demand Management, Change Management, Scope Management & Communication Planning.
- Project Delivery: Deliver projects on time and in budget. Make changes to project phases as needed to address changes or problems to original project scope. Communicate with senior management regarding project obstacles and make necessary changes. Utilize expert knowledge of project management and business experience to identify project risks and provide appropriate options. Management experience focusing on the delivery of solutions in a complex environment with demonstrated leadership, decision-making and relationship management skills. Successful at managing high risk, highly complex, large projects and programs with cross functional teams.
- Communication: Work with senior management to discuss highly complex/high profile project recommendations and issues. Ensure that communication is understood by all stakeholders and accomplishes intended objective. Provide communication and feedback to sponsors on issues that impact projects. Convey goals and objectives to project team members in a clear and compelling manner. Tactfully and candidly address situations to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
- Change Management: Drive organizational change as it relates to project deliverables, taking in to account, obstacles, opposition and differing stakeholder priorities. Champion business process change, crafting solutions to address business problems.
- Skilled with dealing with ambiguity and distilling into concrete steps and Demonstrated ability to motivate team, influence others and negotiate resolutions.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed