- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We have a new and exciting opportunity at Aviva, it's focus is execution and program management. Our Global Corporate and Specialty (GCS) is a general insurance (GI) business that provides insurance solutions for large corporate and specialty products for commercial entities. Its core product lines are Property, Casualty, Auto, Surety, and Equipment Breakdown (EBI). As a Program Manager, you will be responsible to drive the portfolio delivery of key change initiatives that support the combined strategic development and growth of GCS.
- Provide leadership to 3 project team members; integrated direction in administration, planning and reporting, budgeting, automation on GCS projects.
- Manage key stakeholders and cross functional team leads required to execute GCS Strategic initiatives
- Provide high quality oversight to project managers and report on progress to executive stakeholders.
- Merge business requirements, budgetary restrictions and logistical considerations to meet project deliverables.
- Efficiently manage multiple stakeholders with effective communication and co-ordination.
- Apply a structured program management and governance approach and methodology to executing strategic initiatives
- Leads the design, planning and implementation of change initiatives designed to improve operational performance and to execute the Target Operating Model
- Develop a set of actionable change management and/or project plans giving consideration to communication and sponsor engagement
- Drive and coordinate outputs of various teams to deliver on stated objectives
- Identify and manage key stakeholders and dependencies in delivering the projects
- Identify and corral support of internal and external experts
- Identify roadblocks and risks proactively, recommending remediation actions as necessary, manage dependencies, understand interconnectivity and opportunities for scale
- Collate data, information, and status on all initiatives / changes in GCS in the form of a dashboard or similar documentation
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in enterprise change programs and project management (10+ years) preferably within a Financial Institution
- Experience with P&C commercial insurance preferred
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior stakeholders and peers
- Strong leadership skills aligned with Aviva Values (Care More, Kill Complexity, Never Rest, Create Legacy)
- Excellent knowledge of delivery software (ie MS project / Jira)
- Experience in successfully managing end-to-end transformational projects, leading business and cross functional teams with experience in Agile /Scrum and waterfall methodologies.
- Proven planning and project management skills, successful planning and execution of complex activities; uses contingency plans, prioritisation and delegation to achieve timely completion
- Skills in process change, conflict resolution, risk management, relationship and general business management
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.