- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 62004
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Join Scotiabank, as we embark on redefining the future of anti-money laundering capabilities in the Bank by leveraging cutting edge technologies. You will be part of a dynamic team as we rollout enterprise platforms globally to many different business units. We are looking for individuals with passion for innovation and revolutionary ideas to contribute to our journey of transforming the Bank.
The Programmer Analyst Advisory is responsible for providing specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of Oracle FCCM (Mantis) AML monitoring platform.
What we are looking for?
In this role you will;
- Manage and participate ‘hands-on’ in the implementation of Oracle FCCM (Mantis) solutions by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and designs, and developing/maintaining programs according to standards. The incumbent must ensure software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of application development. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling and testing.
- Provide production and user acceptance testing support to complex technical problems by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
- Provide leadership and specialized consultation in defining, planning and maintaining a strategy for the architecture, development and implementation of 3rd party vendor AML applications.
- Ensure the department's objectives are met by assisting in recruiting qualified staff, providing input to performance appraisals and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
- The incumbent is guided by Bank policy and receives broad direction from the Senior Manager/Director, and general direction from the Project Manager for the projects assigned. The incumbent is expected to function independently to identify opportunities for automation or efficiency, to introduce new technologies and to ensure that the department's objectives are met.
Are you the right person for the role?
- 7+ years of experience in the software development field
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Candidates with a financial industry background will be preferred
- Hands on development and support experience in Oracle FCCM (Mantis) platform. In particular in their KYC and enterprise case management modules.
- Analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills in order to develop and support systems to meet user requirements.
- Be creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- Must have a detailed understanding of the application systems he/she is responsible for.
- The incumbent must have a complete knowledge of the following technologies:
- Oracle FCCM (Mantis) platform (2+ years)
- Java (5+ years)
- Linux (2+ years)
- Apache Tomcat (1+ years)
- Agile and DevOps team experience is an asset
- Hands on experience with other AML applications, i.e. NICE Actimize, Fircosoft, FINTRAC reporting will be an asset
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your “stamp” as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidat