- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 61075
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of Risk Service layer applications. The incumbent is responsible for current and future implementation projects within the group, introducing new technologies to meet business objectives and providing technical guidance to other members of the development team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who will work closely with customers, Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
· Participates as technical consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging existing applications.
· Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for analysis, designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
· Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
· Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design; performance monitoring and product evaluation.
· Provides application support and coordination when application problems occur.
· Participates in the evaluation of production logs and system requirements and identifies actions to be taken to accomplish successful resolution to problem logs and deployment of new enhancements to the field.
· Assists in Integrated System Test (IST) by supporting the test plan, test case validation and execution.
· Assists Quality Assurance Testing (QAT) during execution.
· Provides production support, including off-hour pager support.
· Liaisons with external vendors, product users, operations staff, technical support groups and other development teams in all phases of development project activities and production support activities.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
· Must have3 years of technical hands-on experience with Java Enterprise Edition, Java Script, XML, XSL and open source tools/libraries
· Must have technical hands-on working experience with Object-Oriented Design, Design Patterns and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
· Must have technical hands-on working experience with JEE frameworks such as Spring.
· Must have technical hands-on working experience with WSDL, SOAP, JAXB, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, and JSON.
· Must have technical hands-on working experience with distributed system development using Web Services (SOAP or Restful), HTTPs, JSON & MQ.
· Must have technical hands-on working experience with open source development environment (Linux/AIX) and Security Standards.
· Must have technical hands-on working experience with data modeling & Relational Databases (e.g., MS SQL Server & DB2).
· Technical hands-on working experience with JBoss or Tomcat is an asset
· Technical hands-on working experience with Cloud based environments would be an asset.
· Technical hands-on experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment Tools such as Jenkins, Sonar Queue, etc. is an asset.
· Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills and is capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives.
· knowledge of Banking best practices. OMDM/Triad knowledge is an asset
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to participate in team environment
· Computer Science Degree; or related work experience.
· Overtime may be required. The incumbent may require to carry a pager to support any emergency calls.
· Travel may be required.
· Spanish is an asset
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
· The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
· A great opportunity to leave your “stamp” as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
· A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
· Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
· A competitive compensation and benefits package.
· An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
· We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recrui