- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Commercial Lines Underwriting Specialist, in our Special Risk branch. We are dedicated and aligned to our broker partners, and we are seeking talent with shown underwriting knowledge, and a vested interest in building long-lasting partnerships with our brokers. The customer experience is what drives our industry, and profitable growth sustains our business.
You will service a portfolio of commercial insurance business requiring a proven underwriting ability and a dedication to customer service perfection. You will be involved in the underwriting property and casualty accounts referred by our MGAs that support our growth in the specialty lines space especially in our non-standard property offering. We are interested in speaking with insightful business minded underwriters. You will champion excellent relationships through ongoing interactions with our MGA partners and by acting as a resource for the non-standard property team.
Accountabilities:Are you passionate about the successful evaluation, selection, negotiation of business?
- You will work with brokers to negotiate pricing for new business opportunities and retention policies in order to insure a profitable book of business within an established underwriting authority
Do you love to build and maintain awareness?
- You will educate on market trends, pricing levels, and policy offerings in the region you service.
How do you respond to inquiries?
- We keep engaged with our partners to drive the end customer experience and a meaningful partnership within the portfolio
Do you take calculated risks?
- You will have the opportunity to utilize loss control and risk management practices is part of our standard methodology within the underwriting process, and you'll be passionate about standard methodology.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Work reciprocally with other members of the office
- 8 plus years’ experience in commercial insurance underwriting, with Property and Casualty knowledge.
- Deep insights into the Canadian property market.
- Validated sales acumen, marketing, communication, and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team while meeting meaningful deadlines
- Strong organization and administration skills
- CIP designation or a willingness to complete the designation in a short time frame
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.