- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Come build your career at GardaWorld!
With more than 45,000 professionals globally, clients count on us to help them proceed in business and in life with confidence. Our commitment to place integrity first, aspire to higher standards, develop innovative solutions, and provide customer value continues to differentiate us. We are one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms in the world, with operations across Canada and the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
GardaWorld Aviation Services is the largest provider of security services to the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA). We deploy specialized security professionals in 28 airports in Canada, protecting the traveling public and enabling smoother and safer cross-border business interactions. Our highly qualified security professionals understand that travel still needs to be a positive experience and know how to respond to challenging situations. The friendly, approachable manner of the GardaWorld team is part of what sets us apart.
We are currently hiring for the position of Quality Oversight Manager - Toronto Pearson
REPORTING TO: Regional Quality Assurance Manager
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform audits and engage in active oversight to SOP compliance and checkpoint performance
- Oversee and document compliance with CATSA's SOPs and Garda World Business Manuals
- Provide feedback to Screening Officers and communicate findings with Checkpoint Managers
- Intervene immediately if parts of the screening process are not completed or completed incorrectly
- Conduct or assist audits (CATSA, CGSB, ISO and/or Internal Audits)
- Conduct site inspections and investigations as required
- Perform QA assignments in each airport within the division and across the region
- Observe procedures independently of Checkpoint Managers and follow through on any SOP's not met or understood
- Oversee uniform wear to ensure consistency with CATSA's SOPs
- Conduct active oversight of the Pre-Board Screening (PBS), Non Passenger Screening (NPS) and Hold Baggage Screening (HBS) operations
- Identify opportunities for improvement and provide follow-up, positive and constructive feedback
- Assist with breach and infiltration test investigations
- Assist and support other departments as operationally required
- Assist with the development, issuance and tracking of Corrective Action Plans based on performance evaluations or incidents.
- Collect data to measure SOP compliance and Screening Officer performance. Highlight issues, inconsistencies, and trends in scorecard data to assist departments with continuous improvement and root-cause analysis and internal Performance Improvement Plans. Summarize and present data and maintain an analytical approach with a strong focus on continual improvement projects.
- Support the Regional Quality Assurance Manager on Regional projects and continual improvement opportunities.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- University or College degree in Business Management or Auditing and Assurance
- Experience in aviation services preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook, in particular)
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines while working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Strong data analysis and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Previous experience in auditing in an asset
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
- Previous experience in a unionized environment is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
- microsoft excel