- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’sElectrical Sector, Lighting division is currently seeking a RegionalSpecification Sales Manager – Gulf Region to join our team.
The Regional SpecificationSales Manager is responsible for:
Growing specifications andsales for architectural lighting and control products, focused on the topspecification markets, areas with new agents, or markets underserved by currentrepresentation by tracking sales, and identifying large growth markets or opportunities.
This individual will alsointerface with Marketing/Product Development to help identify new productideas, emerging trends in both products and codes, as well as to keep currenton competitive manufacturers in all aspects (pricing, product offering, featureand benefits, policies or services, etc.). The successful candidate will be proficient atdetail product presentations using samples as well as electronic presentations.
Regional travel is requiredapproximately 50-60% of the time to train agents and sales representatives(Commercial/Industrial, National Accounts and Distributor), and to call on, anddevelop relationships with key specifiers. Occasional travel to national tradeshows maybe requested.
The successful candidate willwork with specification sales management and area sales management to developrealistic sales goals and budgets by markets and with key customers. The candidate must be comfortable withdatabase and CRM software to help manage an active specification projectpipeline.
Eatonhas announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly tradedcompany (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by theend of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo.The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this positionare based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Businessis in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy andstructure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-termincentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly tradedcompany. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employedby the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly tradedcompany, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health,welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have noexpectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantiallysimilar to Eaton’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 8 years sales management experience in an electricalproducts industry
- Minimum of 5 years specification sales experience
- Must be legally authorized to work inthe United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to travel within territory a minimum of 50% of thetime
- No relocation benefit is being offeredfor this position. Onlycandidates that currently reside within a major metropolitan area in the states of Texas, Oklahoma,Louisiana or Mississippi.
- Minimum of 10 years sales management experience with lighting orlighting controls industry
- Minimum of 5 years specification sales experience with extensivebackground working with lighting designers
- Active membership in professional specification
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, motivational andorganizational skills.
- Understand and demonstrate the ability to use CRM and MS Officeapplications such as Excel and PowerPoint to develop presentations/sales toolsto assist in selling LED products
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals in prior positions
- Ability to work remotely from home and manage all sales rolesresponsibilities from a home office. Independent and organized.
Makingwhat matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around theworld. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discoverybecome reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals likeyou can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When weembrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of usunique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton,We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all jobapplicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-relatedreasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status,genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected bylaw.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time