- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’s North American Sales Division is currently seeking aSales Engineer. Thisposition is based at our El Paso, TX or Albuquerque, NM facility.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for sellingassigned product lines to targeted customers in targeted market areas.Inthis role you will achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with theexpectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for theassigned product categories while under little supervision.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes thepassion of every employee around the world. We create an environment wherecreativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s wherebold, bright professionals like you.
- Youwill accurate and timely plan and specify interpretation, quotation, andtechnical support
- Youwill communicate with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problemresolution
- Youwill collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitiveproducts, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
- Youwill review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications
- Youwill provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizingavailable resources or creating procedure for resolution
- Youwill be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activitieswhile communicating such information to product divisions
- Youwill plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel topromote Eaton’s position while developing a proven record of achieving assignedsales goals
- Youwill prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company priceand delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
When we embrace the different ideas,perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individualsand as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employmentopportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions arebased upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, orany other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’sdegree from an accredited institution
- Minimumone (1) year of commercial sales/marketing experience
- Legallyauthorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possessand maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Bachelor’sdegree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Position Success Criteria:
- Timemanagement, presentation, and planning skills
- Knowledgeof Eaton Electrical product and service capabilities
- Possessesan understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced bygood customer relationships
- Knowledgeof Bidmanager and Vista
- Demonstratedand understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge ofcompetitors
- Effectiveinterpersonal and teamwork skills
- Abilityto leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time