- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow!
A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada's top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a global leader for sustainability and corporate responsibility standards. TransAlta operates 75 facilities in three countries; Australia, Canada, and United States.
TransAlta is committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountability, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
TransAlta is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated customer development leader, with a proven track record of identifying, qualifying and closing new business. The individual will be responsible for identifying and managing business relationships with new customers in the Alberta energy market. The successful candidate will directly identify and profitably sell new electricity products and services within a designated sales territory, targeting medium to large commercial and industrial customers. This will be an outside sales position, with responsibility to attain an annual sales quota and accountability for new business through cold calling (both in person and phone), networking, and lead generation.
- Understand client s energy needs and articulate the opportunity and benefits of engaging TransAlta s services.
- Sell energy products and services to targeted end-use markets; achieve financial targets.
- Identify and qualify sales prospects, make effective presentations and close sales within an acceptable time frame.
- Manage the ongoing business relationships with assigned customer base by maintaining regular contact, promoting incremental products and services, resolving customer issues and renewing expiring contracts.
- Support the internal service delivery system by working cooperatively and effectively with all members of the service delivery team.
- Actively seek out and recommend new products and services that increase value of existing and new customers, via customer presentations and cold-calls.
- Assist with the development and testing of new electricity products/services through continuous discovery of customer needs.
- Maintain high awareness of the competitive environment, electricity marketing trends, and current procing strategies and utility tariffs.
- Proactively develop and maintain strong customer relationships and superior customer satisfaction, and act as a professional and credible representative of the organization at networking or industry events.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, or graduation from an equivalent four-year program, from an accredited college or university. Related job experience may be used in place of college degree
- One to two years of professional experience in direct sales or marketing in energy, telecommunications, IT/software, business or related industry, targeting medium to large commercial and industrial customers. Must have a successful track record of value generation against a quota and managing relationships with business customers is strongly preferred.
- Commercial sales background dealing with larger commercial and industrial customers is strongly preferred.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations of customers. Ability to get first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services.
- Commitment to conducting business, working with colleagues, and interacting with community stakeholders, partners and customers, with integrity at all times.
- Well-developed negotiation, financial, project management, planning and organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects/accounts simultaneously.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one on one, small and large groups; effective both inside and outside the organization; can change tactics midstream accordingly.
- A proven track record of establishing contacts and credibility with key buyers and decision makers.
- Ability to provide a solution-oriented approach to large, complex businesses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) and/or Sales Force Automation (SFA) is strongly preferred.
- Some travel will be required; candidates must possess a valid Alberta Driver s license and have access to a vehicle.
- This position requires the following pre-hire actions: employment reference and verification checks, criminal record checks, security checks and FERC checks.
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta's excellent employment proposition.
Come on board!
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.