- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 58490
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are seeking a seasoned Scrum Master who will be responsible for managing the scrum process and leading the scrum team in Agile methodology. You will maintain business stakeholder relationship and ensure delivery in agreed timelines. Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, we are seeking a Scrum Master for our team in downtown Toronto.
What we are looking for?
In this role you will;
- Guide and coach the team to follow Agile practices.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies including iteration planning, iteration review, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups.
- Apply techniques for effective workflow visualization and management (e.g., Kanban or Scrum Boards).
- Identify, manage, and help mitigate issues and risks, with particular emphasis on timely removal of impediments for the team and/or directing obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution.
- Facilitate identifying and enacting improvement strategies to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables.
- Track agile metrics to provide statistical proof of momentum and sustainability.
- Understand long-term product planning/ roadmap and help inform development teams to create quicker gains for the benefit of the end user.
- Develop and nurture strong partnering relationships with Product Owner/Business Sponsor and stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the development team (Stakeholders, Executives), acting as a champion of the agile methodology.
- Partner with Agile Coach and other agile teams to share findings, best practices, and resources to help mature the organization’s agility.
Are you the right person for the role?
- You have at least 5+ years of technical working experience as a Scrum Master and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major organizational projects.
- You have working experience with Agile techniques - Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, etc.
- You have strong communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills.
- You have experience in the use of JIRA/Confluence.
- A strong understanding of Wealth Management/Brokerage business is an asset.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your “stamp” as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.