- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 35661
Position Number: 20051858
Posting End Date: November 15/2019
Site: Victoria General Hospital
Department/Unit: Psychiatric Clinic
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 11/18/2019
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.722, $19.283, $19.862, $20.458, $21.072, $21.704
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
- Experience/knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Completion of grade 12.
- Graduate of recognized Secretarial or equivalent program required.
- Not Applicable
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to effectively:
- Perform standard operating procedures relative to the position.
- Perform routine, repetitive activities.
- Keyboard at a minimum of 60 wpm in a Hospital administered test.
- Read, write legibly and follow oral and written instructions.
- Use transcription and facsimile equipment.
- Act in a calm manner during stressful situations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and public relations skill required.
- Ability to complete the position on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated initiative, organizational skills and confidentiality required.
- Clerical aptitude and ability to effectively maintain records.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and psychotropic medications, an asset.
- Acceptable deportment.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Not Applicable
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.