- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 35718
Position Number: 20035478
Posting End Date: November 15, 2019
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Department/Unit: Accounting - Admin
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview Under the general direction of the Manager, Accounting, and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface General Hospital, the SENIOR ACCOUNTANT is responsible for all aspects of the capital fund accounting and assigned operating fund accounting routines, to include: performing month end and year end journal entries and reconciliations; performing month end reviews and analysis; performing variance analysis and preparing reports; preparing audit working papers; preparing and maintaining amortization schedules; performing variance analysis of capital projects; preparing capital funding collection submissions; maintaining financing records relating to the capital project and equipment expenditures; preparing borrowing documents, working papers, and analysis; preparing statutory reports; and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Three (3) year related accounting experience.
- Currently enrolled in a recognized accounting program (CA, CGA, or CMA) with at least three (3) years completed.
- or - - Successful completion of a recognized related degree/diploma program (ie accounting, business administration, commerce).
- A willingness to commit to continued progression towards an accounting designation is desirable.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience, as deemed recognized by the Hospital, may be considered in lieu of the above.
Certification/Licensure/Registration Not Applicable
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and proficiency in the use of common software including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and email applications.
- - Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with staff and other Hospital personnel with tact and courtesy.
- Customer service focused attitude.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Aptitude for recognizing, investigating and analyzing problems and developing innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- A can do attitude, high level of energy, self motivation, and drive.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to retain information of a confidential nature.
- Mature professional manner.
Physical Requirements Not Applicable
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
- business administration
- ms project