- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req Id: 246081
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Network Operations - the successful candidate will be responsible for technical oversight of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and will use the ServiceNow platform to create and maintain accuracy of records within the CMDB. The primary focus of this role is to design, support and manage the CMDB in order to effectively coordinate the needs of multiple teams within Bell NHS (National Hosting Service).
• Enact system audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity.
• Facilitate reconciling the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB and other authoritative production data repositories.
• Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data through integration with other systems and incorporating then eliminating disparate and isolated data sources.
• Recommend robust configuration management procedures and standards for using CMDB.
• Develop reports and KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy.
• Execute a plan for implementing the Configuration Management processes using the ServiceNow platform.
• Work closely with Network Operations Centre, Data Centre Analyst, Infrastructure, Network, Server, Implementation & Tools teams to establish business requirements for the CMDB.
• Ensure ITSM and CMDB alignment within an ITIL v3 framework.
• Communicate CMDB activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standards.
• Liaise and train internal partners whenever necessary.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar role.
• A post-secondary diploma or degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field.
• Professional experience in IT, preferably in an IT Operations or Data Centre environment.
• Experience with CMDB creation, maturity and maintenance.
• Proven Experience in both hardware and software asset and configuration management as well as knowledge of IT Service Management processes.
• Ability to build efficient reports through queries using relationships from multiple sources.
• Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
• Organized individual with an ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Innovative, visionary and analytical thinking approach to problem solving.
• Prior experience with ITSM based tools, such as ServiceNow.
• Prior experience with auto discovery tools
• ServiceNow Administrator certification preferred.
• ITIL Foundations certification would be an asset.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 12/22/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or (see below) to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at (see below) .
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto