- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req Id: 235639
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
We are looking for a technical expert specializing in Windows and virtualization technologies to define and support at a high level our customers server infrastructure as well as assist our team in their journey towards an Infrastructure as Code-based management model.
The specialist in Servers Administration, Windows and Virtualized environments will have to understand the environments of Bell Canada and its customers. The technical advisor requires an excellent knowledge of the market trends, customer's needs identification, the technological capacities, processes and operational applications necessary to support systems and Servers administration deliverables.
- Level 4 technical advisor, endorse a mentoring role with the members of the Systems Administration Team.
- Act as a change ambassador and support management in applying new methodologies.
- Is the single point of contact to work with the customers engineering team to integrate new systems related to new customer contracts.
- Guide the server administrator team in transitioning current work methods to an IaC model.
- Assist the coordinator on the follow-ups related to projects activities and operational activities.
- Supervise the implementation and the development of new technologies and new services, analysis of operational impacts, management processes and training plans.
- Analyse the systems performances and operational processes performances and perform necessary adjustments.
- Ensure a technological view related to the customers environments under the team's responsibility.
- Writes orientation and technological targets documents for the server's administration. Does presentations to facilitate the decision process.
- To examine and interpret alarms and the system advises and to provide services of intervention urgently advanced, management of the incidents and analyses (in accordance with the sectoral and contractual requirements) to support the customers of systems administration.
- To carry out comparative analyses on the results resulting from the vulnerabilities and all the other malevolent technological programs launched on Internet.
- According to the nature of the threat to the perceived vulnerability, to evaluate the patches proposed and to make of it the recommendation near the team and of the customer.
- To respect the protocols of rigorous security associated with all the practices as regards of systems administration.
Necessary qualifications and competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering with specialization in computer science
- 10 years experience with RedHat Linux (RHEL)/CentOS et SunOS
- 5 years experience in virtualized and storage environments
- RHCE & VCP certifications are important assets.
- Strong experience in the conception, deployment or troubleshooting of solutions running on RedHat Linux (RHEL), SunOS and vmware.
- Strong experience in the conception, deployment or troubleshooting of complex storage solutions running on NetApp, Gluster, Nimble, 3Par, EMC.
- Strong knowledge with experience on virtualization concepts such as RHV, vmware and vSan.
- Experience in the delivery and operation of RedHat Satellite.
- Experience in the delivery and operation of a cloud environment such as RedHat Openshift or Kubernetes.
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible.
- Experience with the following technologies will be an asset : UCS, HPE blade Proliant, Netbackup, Snapprotect, Datadomain, Avamar
- Experience implementing DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (DC) tools (eg GitLab, Jenkins).
- Experience in Scripting languages like Bash, Python, YAML
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of ITIL and work experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience in transforming complex and ambiguous issues into concrete components and leading the development of solutions.
- Excellent aptitudes for the communication, the presentations and the interpersonal relationships, more particularly capacity to define advanced technical subjects and to obtain the consensus with businesses and technical parties.
- Spirit of initiative, leadership, acute sense of the organization.
- Excellent communication spoken and written in French and English
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 12/18/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or (see below) to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at (see below) .
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
- active directory