- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow!
A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada's top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a global leader for sustainability and corporate responsibility standards. TransAlta operates 75 facilities in three countries; Australia, Canada, and United States.
TransAlta is committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountability, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
TransAlta is currently looking to hire a full time Senior Analyst, Financial Systems and Processes, reporting to the Manager, Consolidated Reporting and Financial Systems. This position is responsible for the ongoing support and optimization of the Corporation s financial systems (SAP and interfaces) and processes that impact TransAlta s internal and external financial information. Additional responsibilities include identifying issues, developing action plans and supporting business processes, including the coordination of finance and IT resources to analyze specific needs and resolve issues involving various Finance modules (FI, AA, CO, PS, PCA, CFM, BCS). This position will also be responsible for the maintenance, implementation and communication of the documentation relating to the financial systems and processes.
- Identify and prioritize issues and develop action plans pertaining to financial systems including the coordination of finance and IT resources.
- Work with Business Users to develop, validate, and implement technology solutions and new business practices for financial processes in order to leverage the use of SAP and non-SAP interfaces.
- Provide system or process expertise on complex matters that relate to Finance activities.
- Maintain SAP system master data as it pertains to the FI Modules, and related hierarchies.
- Provide training as required to address TransAlta s system and process training needs in order to keep users current in their knowledge and to maintain standards.
- Support users and communicate standards around Finance processes and assist in developing and defining financial business processes.
- Monitor system for usage accordingly to set standards and to maintain data integrity.
- Work with business users and IT in order to develop and maintain appropriate levels of authorizations.
- Maintain TransAlta s presence in ASUG and to its members.
- The successful candidate must possess an accounting designation CPA (CA, CMA or CGA) and a university degree or equivalent 5 years' relevant process and system experience.
- SAP course training and/or equivalent hands on experience in most of the following modules: Finance, Controlling, Profit Centre Accounting, BCS, Business Warehouse, and CFM
- Good comprehension of integration between SAP FI modules and the non-financial modules
- Testing and documentation experience is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of financial processes as well as a comprehensive understanding of TransAlta s current business needs and the future direction for the company. Preference given to strong asset accounting IFRS and process knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work with business users to design and integrate SAP based solutions within business processes.
- Customer focused.
- A proven team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo.
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta's excellent employment proposition.
Come on board!
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.