- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Consider exploring Aviva we have opportunities available in our National Special Risk team, and are looking for great people to join this dynamic and critical team. Our team needs a Senior Casualty Underwriting Specialists who is well versed in Casualty business. We are based in downtown Toronto.
You will be responsible to assess and evaluate both primary and excess casualty risks and apply effective pricing, underwriting and marketing of business. As well, be responsible for providing technical training and quality control in the form of mentoring. This is a great opportunity to utilize your casualty expertise and take the next step in your career path.
- Responsible for assessing and evaluating severity profiled casualty accounts, both primary and excess policies
- Responsible for development of new business, some travelling may be required
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio of casualty accounts
- Ability to effectively negotiate solutions for our brokers and customers which result in a win/win/win for all parties
- Ability to effectively analyze loss experience and develop a risk management program with our risk consultants which will mitigate/prevent losses
- Ability to effectively price, underwrite and develop the business.
- Responsible for providing technical training and quality control in the form of mentoring
- Provide technical advice and coaching to other underwriting staff involved in this line of business
- Conduct internal underwriting compliance audits
- Handle day to day referrals in a timely fashion
- Develop and maintain positive business partnerships with our Brokers, clients and reinsurers
- Provide input into the analysing of the brokers portfolio and make recommendations where needed
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- University degree and FCIP is preferred.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of underwriting experience in Casualty/Liability.
- Proficiency in working with manuscript wordings
- Experience with writing severity profiled primary and excess casualty accounts; large account experience is an asset
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills & negotiating skills
- Very strong marketing & relationship building skills
- Ability to problem solve and to make/impact decisions
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.