- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Ottawa
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
At an increasing rate organizations and their inability to effectively respond to incidents makes headlines tarnishing their brand. Are you interested in helping clients prevent those threats? Read more below.
What will your typical day look like? Deloitte is recognized as the #1 firm providing cyber risk services in Canada by analysts, such as IDC and Gartner. Deloitte is seeking a Cyber Consultant to add to its National Capital Region team. In the role, you will be a trusted practitioner, defining and delivering our clients cyber security strategies, architectures, and projects. The ideal candidate is client-focused and has demonstrated technical delivery excellence.
Clients want you at the helm of any large project because you can be counted on to deliver top quality. You are recognized in the industry as a trusted practitioner, defining and delivering our clients cyber security strategies, architectures, and projects to keep organizations, government and Canadians secure. You coach and develop the next generation of cyber security talent - the best talent comes to Deloitte because they want to work for you and on your projects.
About the team As cyber threats evolve and become more complex, many business leaders recognize they can't manage the challenge alone. That's why Deloitte offers a global network of Cyber Security teams and services. Our Cyber Security specialists provide fully customizable managed security solutions, including assessments, advanced security event monitoring solutions, threat analytics, cyber threat management, and incident response to enable our customers to meet the increasing market demand for cybersecurity services. Our National Capital Region team is fully dedicated to solving these challenges in the Government of Canada.
Enough about us, let's talk about you You are someone with:
- Government of Canada Secret Level Security is required.
- 1-5 years of demonstrated experience in defining and network and application security strategies and programs for large and complex organizations
- Proven track record defining and implementing complex network security architectures, both in cloud and on premise
- Strong experience in technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement enterprise programs
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, TCP/IP fundamentals and information security fundamentals. Solid understanding of identity and access management solutions and strategies as well as thorough understanding of security incident response processes. Strong familiarity with in security solutions including SIEM solutions, firewall, web proxy, anti-virus, and application whitelisting products. Experience working in or with a SOC is an asset
- Industry certifications (CISSP/GIAC suite/EC-Council) are a strong asset
- Excellent presentation and communications skills and experience working collaboratively with clients
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at (see below) if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.