- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior CP Drafter
Reference Code: 61766
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Job Category: Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 12/11/2019 We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We're proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We're looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Manager, CP projects & Engineering, the successful candidate will be part of the integrated team and responsible for operational support and the design, execution, and completion of Corrosion Prevention projects for the company's assets. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to achieve reliable execution and continuous improvement of CP drafting.
This is a senior drafting position specialized in Cathodic Protection (CP) design and drafting, who will work, or lead a small drafting team in high seasons to work, closely with the CP Engineering, Project Management and Field CP Techs to ensure that drawings are delivered to the projects on schedule and with quality according the project priorities. The related records are kept organized and up to date throughout the life cycle of the assets, including whenever improvements and changes are made. This role will provide feedback and input into the CP related drafting standards, performs drafting, and interfaces with the internal customers as well as any external drafting vendors, ensuring that drafting meets customers' expectations for productivity and quality.
What you'll do
- Act as the point of contact on internal and external in all drafting issues
- Ensure compliance with company drafting standards and specifications
- Ensure accuracy, completeness of drawings, drafting related records, and adherence to applicable company standards
- Interface with drawing and drafting record tracking and archiving
- Review drawings made by junior draftspersons and external drafting contractor for completeness, accuracy and compliance to TC's drafting standards.
- Provides training and orientation related to company CP drafting standards to external service providers or internal drafters as required Works with field personal and Engineers to ensure that construction changes have been properly incorporated into all affected drawings
- Oversees external service providers in the creation of drawings to support the construction, upgrades and modifications to assets
- Index, classify and electronically store all drawings into the electronic document management system (EDMS).
- Interface with CP drafting related document management processes for the CP Program including plotting, drawing deliveries, network drives, SharePoint sites, etc.
- Work closely with the CP PM to prioritize the drafting tasks to meet the project needs.
- Work independently with a high degree of accuracy
- Provide feedbacks and historical information on CP drawings to the engineers for continuous improvements
- Degree or Certificate in Engineering Design and Drafting related program
- Minimum of 15 or more years of successful related experience in engineering design drafting
- Minimum of 10 or more years of successful related experience in CP drafting
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Bluebeam Drafting Software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work in a rapid paced environment
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and able to resolve conflicts and changing priorities
- Experienced with the TC standard CP drafting techniques, procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of TC's CP program and asset distribution
- Familiarity with TC's document management concepts and practices
Apply to this posting by 12/11/2019 using reference code 61766 . You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com . Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
. All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
. TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting (see below) .