- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems divisionis currently seeking a Senior Electrical Project Manager. Thisposition will be based in out of Warrendale, PA or Moon TWP, PA or virtually.
Thepurpose of this position is to provide project management expertise in electrical,civil, structural and mechanical aspects of large turnkey electrical upgradeprojects. This position is to provide project management expertise to teams ofdesigners, engineers, construction managers and contractors.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the overall management andexecution of one or more turnkey projects. The SPM is charged with supportingthe sales force and zone manager during the front-end sales process to ensure aseamless transition from quote into execution.In this role, youwill be responsible for turnkey projects, construction estimating and salessupport.
Making what matters work atEaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create anenvironment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each andevery day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your fullpotential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of ElectricalUpgrade Projects including: Electrical Substations, Plant Control Systems,Excitation Systems, Governor Control Systems, SCADA and Power DistributionSystems.
- Contract and subcontract knowledge andexperience
- Ability to implement project financial controls
- Responsibility for project profit, loss, andforecast
- Ability to manage subcontractor budgets
- Ability to set up and manage subcontractor
- Ability to manage safe work environment andprogram which includes but not limited to job site safety analysis, riggingplans, environmental risk planning, job audits, confined space programs andlock and tag procedures.
- Ability to create and maintain project QA/QCprocess
- Contingency planning expertise andknowledge
- Ability to create, prioritize and maintainproject action item list.
- Ability to maintain accurate as-builtdocumentation and punch-lists
- Ability to maintain daily/weekly progressreports
- Ability to lead project meetings andeffectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to support and manage multiple projects
- Document control experience and expertise
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives andbackgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company —are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunitiesfor all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based uponjob-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, maritalstatus, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other statusprotected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’sdegree from an accredited institution with minimum 6 years of projectmanagement experience ORAssociates degree in civil, structural, mechanical or electrical engineeringfrom an accredited institution with minimum 15 years of project managementexperience OR minimum 20years of project management experience.
- Mustbe able to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Mustreside within a 50 mile radius of the work location(s) listed. No relocation isbeing offered for this role.
- Experience in Power Plant Electrical Projects
- First and CPR Trained
- PMP Certified Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Project or PrimaveraScheduling software
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge and skills to manage project scopechanges
- Ability to develop and maintain projectschedules
- Ability to work with and manage designteams
- Ability to improve subcontractorinefficiencies
- Working knowledge of NERC/FERC, NESC, NEC,ANSI, NETA
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time