- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job ID: 177709
Location Name: ON-FSC Toronto Off (0581)
Address: 5560 Explorer Drive, 2nd Floor, Mississauga, ON L4W 5M3, Canada (CA)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Contract
Job Function: Finance
At Sephora Canada, we're passionate about finding and sharing beauty in the world. Our constant innovation, our ability to see and lead trends, and our focus on providing an outstanding customer experience make us the most-loved beauty community and top of mind for every Canadian.
We find beauty in our communities, in our differences, our experiences, and in the spirit of our employees.
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM:
Numbers are a thing of beauty at Sephora Canada. Our financial team includes accountants, analysts and managers who make sure our projects stay in the black, and our future remains golden. From budgeting to financial analysis, from the big picture direction to hands-on operations, we make sure our financial systems support the business vision.
If you have a passion for numbers, our Financial Planning & Analytics team has a place for you.
WHAT YOU LL DO:
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will support the Finance team in all financial areas regarding forecasting/budgeting, analytics and reporting for the Canadian Finance team. You will be responsible for presenting findings and recommendations to key stakeholders within Finance and to other internal cross-functional partners, as well as establish effective relationships with business partners in Canada and the US. With your strong passion for quantitative analysis and high level of expertise in Excel (and other internal systems), you will establish new and innovative ways to improve the finance-related business process, tools, and reporting. Key responsibilities include:
- Support all key financial processes like budgeting and official reforecasting with the objective to build a solid and compelling plan that meets expectations (ensuring ongoing forecasts incorporate trends and relevant information).
- Prepare analysis and reporting (that include both financial and non-financial content) for different target audiences.
- Support the monthly close process including preparation of variance reports and analysis with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Ownership of ad-hoc projects and analysis to support business decision making and mitigate risks.
- Partner with key stakeholders cross-functionally and cross-border to solve problems, ensure successful financial performance, challenge the status quo, and appropriately communicate risks.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of the strategies, business issues, risks and profitability opportunities.
- Provide ad-hoc support and analysis, inclusive of strategic findings and recommendations to Finance, the Field Support Center and other Operational functions to drive decision making for the leadership team.
WHAT YOU LL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business
- Minimum of 3 years of related FP&A or financial reporting experience; Retail or CPG industry experience preferred
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization including non-finance personnel and executive level.
- You have experience in supporting a full budget cycle from establishing targets/goals to socialization to business partners.
- You understand what is important and thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- You re a critical thinker with the ability to make effective decisions.
- You re proactive, ambitious, innovative and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You re an Excel and Financial Systems guru with strong modelling skills
- You have experience with SAP Business Objects.
- You have familiarity with accounting principles and financial statements.
WHY YOU LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
- You'll be part of a unique culture and family of passionate and inspiring individuals.
- You'll work alongside the best talent in the industry - people you'll be proud to work with.
- You'll have access to the global community of luxury group LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy) for endless career opportunities.
- You'll have the opportunity to be part of a community that drives meaningful social and environmental change and receive matching donations to support your charitable giving.
- Benefits you can mix and match, depending on your needs.
- Employee Assistance Program services for those times you need extra support.
- Holidays, time off, summer hours and flexibility to support work-life balance.
- And of course, there's our incredible swag - free product gifts throughout the year and tons of discounts with our brand partners.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.