- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60907
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Canadian Banking Technology (CBT) IT Risk Advisory team plays an important role in the Bank’s Three Lines of Defense Framework, providing First Line of Defense for CBT and the Bank for all technology risk domains, including Cyber Security, Data Privacy, Software Currency, Disaster and Backup Recovery, Third Party Management, and Audit and Regulatory issue remediation. There are many exciting opportunities to grow in the areas of risk management, business technology development and work with many cross-functional teams within the Bank, such as Information Security & Control (IS&C), Internal Audit, Office of Chief Technology Office (OCTO), Business Operational Risk, Tech Risk (2nd line of defense), and other CIO areas.The role reports to the Manager, IT Risk, and assists Director IT Risk Advisor to collaboratively assess, analyze and quantify IT risk, design controls and assist with implementation and risk remediation. The Senior IT Risk Analyst will be assigned to support one or multiple tasks including monitoring regulatory compliance and audit issues, tracking risk remediation plan, and conducting monthly and quarterly risk reporting.
- Asist the Manager: Identify, assess, prioritize and report on material IT risks for IT and aligned business areas. This will require working with various Risk Owners across CBT and other knowledge / control function groups.
- Support Manager / Sr. Manager to conduct risk assessments and ensure that assessments and outputs are recorded in enterprise tools; support IT risk control testing and monitoring (as applicable) and help Risk Owners with remediation plan.
- On-going monitor and track issues raised by Internal Audit and Regulators, assist risk owners to ensure remediation is completed within pre-defined timelines and risk is addressed appropriately.
- Assist Director IT Risk Advisor in performing various types of data analysis work and prepare monthly / quarterly reporting.
- Coordinate SOX control testing efforts for CBT. Facilitate evidence collection and escalate conflicts or roadblocks to Senior Application Development and Support leaders and IT Risk management to ensure control testing is complete as per schedule.
- Support the development of tools and technology to manage IT risk across the Bank.
Skills and experience
- Good working knowledge of risk management (governance, operations, audit, control functions, compliance, and risk management) and Canadian Banking business and processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience of key technology processes; systems design, security, availability, disaster recovery, third party risk management, change management, release management. Exposure to cloud controls and third-party management controls would be an asset.
- Effective communication and good influencing capability, supported by well-developed logical and analytical competencies.
- Proficient in MS Office Products (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and experience with JIRA, Confluence, PowerBI would be an asset.
- Self-driven and fast learner, work independently at a fast-paced environment, guided by established practices and apply sound judgement to identify, troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day business, functional and operational issues.
- Good ability to balance competing or conflicting goals with a good sense of urgency.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); or
- Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.