- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
When our clients are facing complex climate change issues, they look to us to find a solution. Whether new regulatory requirements, rising stakeholder concerns or opportunities for cost reduction and revenue generation, we provide the answers to the big questions nobody else can.
EY has a well-established Climate Change and Sustainability practice to respond to our client’s growing need of guidance in this area, including greenhouse gas emission verification, assurance over sustainability-related data, strategy, life-cycle analysis and strategy Our Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCASS) team is growing exponentially, and as a Senior Manager you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working directly with our other Canadian Climate Change & Sustainability Services Market leaders, this individual will take a lead role in developing our CCaSS practice in BC and Canada. We are looking to expand our team of professionals focused on providing high value, independent, trusted advice to our clients as they transition to a more sustainable economy. Our clients include many of today's leading global companies, innovative growth companies and other Publicly Accountable Enterprises. Working across all industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative, strategic goals both internally and externally. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations.
Our Climate Change and Sustainability Services include sustainability strategy advisory services, sustainability strategy gap analysis, conflict minerals advisory and assurance services, life cycle analysis, sustainability reporting advisory and assurance services and greenhouse gas reporting assurance services (the CCaSS Services).
Your key responsibilities
As climate change and sustainability rise on the agendas of governments and organizations around the world, business leaders are increasingly seeking external advice on how to address these key issues. As one of our climate change and sustainability professionals, you'll work as part of a multidisciplinary, global team that provides recommendations on how to manage these areas effectively and responsibly. This will include helping clients understand business or regulatory threats and opportunities, exploring and executing commercial transactions, monitoring performance and assuring public disclosures on progress. Through these services, you'll help clients balance risks, take advantage of opportunities and achieve their potential in a transformed world. In return for helping us deliver these services, you'll receive the support and opportunities you need to succeed professionally and personally.
Skills and attributes for success
• Lead a team of sustainability professionals to further develop our BC portfolio of CCaSS services with an emphasis on strategy advisory services.
• Lead the growth and development of the CCaSS practice by taking operational responsibility and accountability for engagement team support and delivery and by monitoring the overall performance metrics for the practice.
• Lead the delivery of our services as we assist clients in their efforts to identify, measure, and appropriately manage their business and reporting risks as they transition their organizations to respond to changing government environmental regulations and new trends in sustainability management and reporting.
• Represent the local practice on our national market leader team and support the rapid, profitable growth of our CCaSS practice.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key business decision makers externally and communicate trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to our clients and our related services offerings.
• Support client relationships, business development, and account management leadership through the development of thought leadership, client and internal collateral, and training.
• Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive leader and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training.
• Develop people by encouraging individuals to take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
• Foster teamwork and lead by example.
• Achieve growth by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge and services.
To qualify for the role
About the company
A multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2014.