- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 69545
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job
GRM Retail Credit Risk Collections is leader in developing innovative solutions impacting Bank’s profitability. This is accomplished through the use of advanced analytics, collections efficiency and disciplined risk governance.
You, as a Senior Manager Collections Analytics, are a leader with strong collaboration skills and experience couching a team of indepentent managers. You contribute to the success of the Collections function by defining, implementing and tracking best-in-class collections practices, consistent process execution, and oversight. You are a rigorous logical thinker, curious, flexible and have great teamwork abilities. Your background and experience is at the intersection of math/stats, computer science, communication, and domain knowledge in Retail Risk Management.
You have proven experience proposing, driving and deploying profitable innovative initiatives supported by your strong background in advanced analytics. In this position, you will collaborate with risk, product, operations and IT teams to generate benefits impacting provisions.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
* Opportunity to make a direct impact to Bank’s profitability
* Manage a strong team to drive change in the collections function
* A compensation program with competitive salary, opportunities for annual performance incentives based on performance thresholds, a competitive benefits program and continuing education programs
Key Job Accountabilities
Leverage your strong analytical background in order to collaborate with various business partners to:
•Lead a team responsible for generating collections analytics, strategy and portfolio performance asessment, and technological improvement
•Lead the gathering and processing of structured and unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis (for instance writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL/Hive queries, etc.)
•Deliver on analytical projects that provide actionable insights to improve collection efforts and recoveries
•Recommend improvements to existing processes. Introduce changes under a test/control framework to help drive objective, evidence based decisions that improve profitability
•Design and implement policies to help our customers in need of loan modification programs
•Provide oversight of collection efforts by developing performance reports and early warning triggers
•Ensure all credit risks associated with collections are understood and quantified with effective management reporting, across all components of collections (People, Data, Process, Technology, and Strategy)
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
• Over 10 years of experience managing portfolio credit risk or retail products in financial institutions or consulting firms
• Results driven with demonstrated experience of managing a medium size team with broad array of responsibilities and focus
• A Master's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Industrial Engineer, Mathematics or related discipline and strong background in statistical and quantitative analysis
• Strong relationship building and negotiation skills to articulate sound recommendations and influence the support from executives
• Experienced with retail banking and/or risk management practices, with knowledge of the regulatory environment and financial services marketplace
• Excellent communication and presentation skills: can convey messages in a clear, concise and succinct manner, select the best method of communication to influence business decisions
• Expertise in Advanced Analytics discipline including Big Data tools, AI/ Machine Learning. Can manage a team of highly technical individuals to use data to drive business solutions
• Working experience of strategy optimization leveraging operations research principles would be an asset
• Exceptional organization skills to prioritize, manage, and implement a variety of competing initiatives, on a concurrent or staggered basis
Education and Other Requirements
A Master's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Industrial Engineer, Mathematics or related discipline.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.