- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 62084
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The incumbent is responsible for leading the sales management (i.e., allocation of accounts, sales forecasting, deal assistance, coaching, team building, recognition, education) of a team of Healthcare and Professional Banking Specialists for an assigned territory. The Senior Manager also ensures that business strategies, plans and initiatives are delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Position can be located in either Toronto or Ottawa.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develops and leads the implementation of tactical plans to support the overall strategy for the retail and commercial area and the achievement of the business objectives by:
- Leading the sales effort to achieve the overall profit plan goals within the assigned market area
- Reviewing input from a variety of sources including team members, customers, competitive intelligence, etc. (driven by marketing segmentation and portfolio management);
- Conceptualizing objectives and prioritizing initiatives with Retail and commercial Banking partners;
- Resolving issues/negotiating compromises between team members and partners from other Scotiabank Groups (e.g. Global Banking & Markets, Global Transaction Banking, Global Wealth Management, Retail & Small Business Banking, Global Risk Management, Shared Services Business Service Centre, etc.) to meet objectives/overcome obstacles, guiding team members to alternatives if required;
- Ensures the customer portfolio assigned to the Team receives ongoing attention to maintain, improve and retain relationships by:
- Ensuring an active Business Development program with existing and potential customers to ensure the Bank is familiar with the business’ operations and its principal officers;
- Using knowledge of the Bank’s retail and commercial financial product set, as well as providing some product customization, the incumbent oversees that customer and prospects needs are met
- Using pricing parameters based on assigned market, with price negotiation within band;
- Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and the delivery of customer service;
- With partners contributes to the maintenance of an acceptable quality Healthcare and Professionals credit portfolio and client base, within established parameters for underwriting in the Mid-Market Segment by:
- Monitoring the timely analysis, structuring and presentation of credit proposals within the Healthcare and Professionals segments in assign geography;
- Monitoring quality of credit presentations;
- Monitoring that exception conditions as specified by the Bank’s adjudicating, auditing and compliance organizations are met prior to the advancing of funds or the use of account facilities by Customers;
- Maintains and supports a high market profile within the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts by:
- Identifying key business contacts and centres of influence within the market area;
- Building and maintaining internal relationships with key players/contacts;
- Identifying and facilitating the involvement of team members and stakeholders to further business interests;
- May represent the Bank as the Community or Provincial Leader.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank’s risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Education / Experience
- University degree (business focus preferred)
- 5-10 years of management experience ideally in business and/or franchising capacity
- Expert knowledge of people, sales management and coaching techniques;
- Expert relationship