- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Facility Location- Calgary
Posting Location(s) - Calgary, AB
Department- West OU Human Resources
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada!
Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and 5 production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, evian® and A&W®.
About our People
We are committed to doing our best every day and our core values define and reflect how we work:
- Safety First
About this opportunity
Based in Calgary, the Senior Manager, Human Resources is responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of HR programs to drive performance and outcomes supporting Organizational strategies. This role will be based out of Calgary supporting the Canada West Operating Unit (OU) across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba and will be the primary point of contact for the leadership team (1 Vice-President and (5) General Managers (2) Plant Managers. The Canada West total employee population includes ~ (2200) which includes ~ (450 salaried, 160 non-union hourly employees, and 1500 unionized hourly employees covered by 14 collective bargaining agreements.
The incumbent will lead the Canada West HR team including (2) Human Resources Business Partners (1) Human Resources Specialists. This role will report into to the National Director Human Resources and will partner with the HR Centre Of Excellence teams : Talent Acquisition, Labour Relations, Total Rewards & Organizational Capabilities teams to build and deliver talent programs, strategies and objectives. In addition, there will be projects and programs requiring collaboration with a variety cross-functional teams in Canada.
- Talent management - In partnership with the HR Leaders & COEs, build talent strategies, annual people plans & solutions in line with the company/business strategies:
- - Workforce Planning
- Succession Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Onboarding & Engagement
- Training & Development
- Performance Management
- HR Team management - lead & develop the HR team to establish advisory & business partnerships with the operations leaders
- Develop and lead the change management & implementation of talent initiatives, organizational changes/transformation and HR programs including: learning programs, business processes, employee engagement and retention programs
- Lead best practices & processes with performance management, talent management, succession planning and organizational design processes
- Support the succession planning and development of a diverse and high performing leadership team
- Champion the overall company-wide HR goals within the OU.
- Lead and facilitate change management within the OU.
- Lead HR team through day-to-day employee and labour relations matters and manage escalations
- Support with the management and execution of directives from the Labour Relations COE on action plans, communications and collective bargaining negotiations processes at select bargaining tables
- Ensure all talent management activities are in compliance with CBAs and all provincial and federal employment laws and regulations
- Strong business acumen and verbal/written communication skills
- Minimum five (5) years HR management level experience in a large/unionized enterprise with direct labour relations management experience
- Post-secondary university degree required, with a focus or advanced level in HR, Industrial Relations, Legal or related discipline an asset
- Experienced team builder and people management/leadership skills
- Experience leading transformation initiatives and change management planning
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills leveraging effective communication and relationship management approaches to be build credibility and trust at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to invite diverse perspectives, promote an inclusive work environment and support workforce diversity.
- Proficient presentation, reporting and communication content development through Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Important - All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification and driver's abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regards to this once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with a number of programs, policies and resources in place to support our people.
For individuals with disabilities, should you require accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email (see below)