- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As a Manager or Senior Manager, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager or Senior Manager, you will help finance leaders address the challenges and ongoing changes facing their business, and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. We partner with them to achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards policy implementation and convergence. In addition we create innovative commercial insights for clients, and drive improvements in business processes.
Skills and attributes for success
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year. Establish expectations of value to be delivered. Participate in performing audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues. Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk.
• Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
• Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Delegate work successfully. Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams. Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed.
• Generate new business opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree or a graduate degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience
• A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA, CA) license
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm; or industry experience
• Excellent project management skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• A dedication to teamwork and leadership
• Integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized
About the company
A multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2014.