- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 69836
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Manager role focuses sales efforts into the mid-market and large commercial marketplace. The products offered to this marketplace are the full range of Cash & Treasury Management and Electronic Banking products and services. The sales force is also required to make referrals to other parts of the Scotiabank Group. The incumbent is responsible for business development in the more complex Commercial accounts in the respective area.
• You will be responsible for marketing all Cash & Treasury Management services ("CTMS") directly and to call upon specialists (as required) to help secure the closing of sales for more complex services.
• You will develop new business consistent with short and long range objectives/targets and refer business to other Scotiabank partners. Sales and referral targets are established on a regular basis.
• You are also responsible for assisting designated Commercial Banking partners in maximizing the fee income and profitability from the full range of CTMS product line.
• You will provide customer service excellence consistent with Scotiabank standards and you are the primary contact for existing/new commercial clients/prospects, either alone or with support of a more senior officer, depending on the complexity of the account/customer needs.
The Senior Manager constantly faces deadlines/pressures exerted by client demands to receive decisions from the Bank within the timeframe they desire. Evening and weekend work may be required and late sessions may have to be scheduled without notice. The position requires regular travel for customer/internal partner calls, meetings, client negotiations etc.
• A strong record of achievement in successfully meeting business development objectives, including cross-selling and referrals.
• Demonstrated record of proven sales and business experience/acumen in executing an active market/calling plan with minimal direction.
• Superior customer service skills (both internal and external customers).
• Provide direct cash management sales coverage over an assigned portfolio of existing Commercial clients
• Proactively identifying cash management and investment opportunities, presenting solutions and closing the sale
• Strong working knowledge of cash management, treasury and investments
• Demonstrated multitasking abilities in a team based environment.
• Excellent presentation, writing, and negotiation skills. Ability to present to top-level executives in groups, and in one-on-one situations.
• Experience with Salesforce.com
• Progress towards / Completion of appropriate courses (CTMS, CTP, etc)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), prior experience preparing marketing materials and an ability to work independently to accomplish tasks are essential.
• Ability to travel in support of the calling plan (car required).
• Experience with Banking, or Financial Industry is a definite asset.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.