- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
Reporting to the Director (Project Management) Strategy and Transformation Office, the Senior Manager will provide project/program leadership to strategic and complex initiatives within CPPIB.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing delivery of change initiatives by establishing program/project structure and governance, overseeing milestone delivery and coordinating interfaces between departments and groups. You will collaborate with colleagues across the organization to develop consistent and effective communication to senior management and the Board as required. You will provide experience, knowledge, leadership and strategic thinking to help establishing a project management centre of excellence and to advise structure and best practise to project managers of other departments/groups.
As a Senior Manager, you will join a highly productive and result oriented team and have the opportunity to learn from strategic, transformational initiatives and from experienced colleagues.
- Establish project/program governance and structure with roles and responsibilities are cleared defined
- Drive delivery of assigned changeinitiatives by monitoring progress and interdependencies, managing project/program level assumptions and decisions
- Provide coordination and direct support for all underlying work streams, and ensure effectively and timely communication across work streams and/or amongst project team
- Interfaces with Data and Technology, Audit and Assurance, and Risk Groups to ensure program/project risks are identified, controlled and mitigated
- Work closely with PAC and Legal to ensure consistent and effective communication to the Steering Committee, SMT and other project/program oversight forums
- Design and execute a communications and change management strategy, to ensure the necessary level of awareness, support and engagement for the program
- Proactively identify and plans for cross-functional program/project interdependencies, issues and risks and ensure that priorities are well defined, and that conflicting needs are managed through trade-off decisions
- Identify value-add opportunities, think “outside of the box’ and deliver valuable strategic program/project insight to business partners
- Work collaboratively and build partnerships with investment departments, core services groups, and external stakeholders
- Manage and influence program/project outcomes up, down and across to achieve the best result
- Mentor/develop junior members on the team, solicit ideas and contribute to tasks and deliverables assigned to the team
- Participate in other assignment as directed by the Director of PMO
- Experienced in leading transformation projects
- Minimum of 10-15 years of progressive experience within project/program management roles at a financial institution or investment organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project team in delivery requirements, process design, development and testing, and implementation through the project life-cycle
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives and deliver high quality results under time pressure
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change while remaining focused on strategic objectives
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with an ability to take concepts and express them concisely and effectively
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to understand broader impact of issues and risks
- Proven ability to partner with technology and other key stakeholder groups to implement complex systems/solutions
- Board and deep knowledge and experience in investment and asset management operations
- Strong working knowledge of Visio, Power Point, Excel including VBA coding and Access
- An undergraduate degree in business / finance/ or other related discipline; professional designation (e.g. CFA, PMP) is a plus
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of partnership, integrity and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us onLinkedin.#LI-POST
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
- ms project
- real estate