- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req Id: 247489
At Virgin Mobile, we don't have “customers”, we have Members. And Members get access to exclusive music events, VIP treatment, and killer music, entertainment, fashion and travel deals from the world's must-have brands.
If you think you've got what it takes to make Virgin Mobile life even sweeter, then read on, my friend, because we want you on our team!
Get personal with Virgin Mobile Canada on Facebook and Twitter .
Come work for a company that loves you. Virgin Mobile Canada is part of the Virgin Mobile group of companies, where all around the world we've attracted more than 18 million Members. Virgin Mobile Canada rewards, entertains and connects like no one else, delivering the hottest phones on the hottest 4G network.
At Virgin Mobile, we don't have “customers”, we have Members. And Members get access to exclusive music events, VIP treatment and killer music, entertainment, fashion and travel discounts from the world's must-have brands. From our Members to everyone that works here, we're part of something special. If you think you've got what it takes to join us and make Virgin Mobile even more awesome, then read on, my friend, and let's spread the awesomeness around.
Are you creatively inspired and passionate about communications?
Do you thrive working in a creative, fast-paced environment?
Does the chance to work for an organization that understands what it means to be a customer champion excite you?
If you answered an enthusiastic YES, we may have an exciting career opportunity for you.
A quickie about the job:
We're looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, where they'll collaborate with like-minded, high energy professionals who are passionate about bringing the Virgin Mobile brand to life. We work hard AND play hard, and we recognize and reward our people.
Being at the forefront of strategy and execution, we are always in need of smart people who like to get things done. If you are looking for more than just a place to work, and embrace challenge and change, this just may be the gig for you.
As the Senior Manager, Social Media & Public Relations, you will be responsible for driving game changing media results and providing communications and social media leadership and expert counsel to all aspects of the Virgin Mobile business. The ideal candidate must have passion for the positive impact of wireless technology, strong project management experience and exceptional communication skills. This key role will work closely with all marketing primes and the leadership team at Virgin Mobile. You'll be based at our Toronto office - 720 King St. West - which is open-concept and casual, and designed to support the teamwork so critical to our success.
The really important stuff…
- Lead social media programs including proactive communications, issues management, Member inquiries and engagement across Virgin Mobile's diverse set of followers, fans and core audiences.
- Develop core social strategies to grow awareness and engagement across Virgin Mobile assets, working closely with Virgin Mobile marketing primes and leadership team.
- Provide insights and reporting for all social platforms, including recommendations for short and long term optimizations.
- Work directly with our media agency and key social media partners to ensure we are maximizing each platform and producing best in class creative to garner a strong ROI.
- Lead Virgin Mobile PR plan development and implementation.
- Maximize positive media coverage across traditional, new and social media outlets.
- Deliver, build and maintain relationships with media and social influencers.
- Manage PR agency, supporting us in traditional media relations, event execution and social execution.
- Lead our spokesperson program and training.
- Primary communications contact to advance our incredible relationship with our global Virgin Group based in the UK.
- Support Virgin Mobile event development, management and execution with timely and thoughtful communications programs.
The must haves…
- Bachelors Degree.
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar communications role working in consumer lifestyle categories.
- Expert knowledge of social media marketing and how to develop and apply impactful social media strategies that are well integrated with a broader marketing plan.
- Strong media relations skills.
- Superior project management, leadership and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Creative, diplomatic and cool under pressure with fantastic interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Passion and curiosity for social media as a marketer, with the ability to stay on top of quickly evolving trends and opportunities.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Expertise in usage of all analytics tools available to assess ongoing brand and campaign performance and explore ways to improve and challenge status quo.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 12/18/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Virgin Mobile, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or (see below) to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at (see below) .
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
#LI-CL1 #Feature TC:ITN