- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Services Senior Manager, you will be a part of US Consulting Practice. We help our clients identify and solve complex US and international tax issues and assist them in successfully aligning all of the different areas of taxation into a benefit-driven strategy. You will be offered excellent opportunities for learning and career advancement.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manage for our US Tax practice, you will participate in and supervise multiple and challenging tax consulting engagements and to contribute to the delivery of innovative tax planning ideas for our diverse clients.
Skills and attributes for success
• Demonstrate an understanding of tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
• Develop and deliver innovative tax planning ideas with timely and responsive services and work product that meet and/or exceed client expectations.
• Thoroughly and accurately analyze information.
• Prepare practical and creative solutions to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
• Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans.
• Make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas.
• Establish/maintain long-term working relationships with clients.
• Pursue/share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery.
• Identify and sell opportunities for tax planning and other special services.
• Leverage technology to continually maximize productivity.
• Participate in national initiatives.
• Encourage communication and effectively supervise team members.
• Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary.
• Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate degree in a related field and a minimum of 7 years of experience in US Tax
• An accounting designation or other related experience or certification relevant to an area of specialization
• Completion of CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Courses
• Excellent supervisory, analytical, and leadership ability
• A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to work with tight deadlines
• Process oriented with excellent documentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days
About the company
A multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2014.