- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a SeniorMechanical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at ourPeachtree, GA or Atlanta, GA facility.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing, planning and overseeing manufacture,construction, testing and evaluation of components, equipment and systems usedin lighting products and related control systems. In this role, you willwork closely with other disciplines in the development and timely completion ofprojects to include the planning and scheduling, cost analysis, evaluation ofalternatives, design review, management review, tooling release and productionrelease.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion ofevery employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity,invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold,bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you canhelp us reach ours.
- You will prepare and submit project plans and schedules for assigned work and submits project reports as requested to allow for management review.
- You will develop performance specifications, conducts reviews, and evaluates performance tests of designed components, assemblies, or systems to assure that completed work meets specifications.
- You will coordinate with the prototype shop and/or outside vendors the production of prototypes, to include initial and final prototypes, establishing feasibility of the device or system.
- You will coordinate the development of final product documentation, for release to Manufacturing, to include drawings and specifications, cost estimates, and computer releases.
- You will act as a liaison with existing or potential vendors regarding tooling and part-cost related to projects.
- You will participate in the Project Level Design Review conferences.
- You will inform all appropriate personnel of the department’s plans, programs, and operations that affect their areas, and maintains an awareness of developments in the field that relates to their job responsibilities and integrates them into own practices.
- You will keep abreast of the state-of-the-art in the areas of lighting components, sensors, ballasts, transformers, drivers, LED’s, and control systems
- You will search for new materials, technologies and processes which would improve product performance and/or value.
- You will estimate engineering personnel needs to execute assigned projects.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives andbackgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company —are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunitiesfor all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based uponjob-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, maritalstatus, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other statusprotected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of mechanical or electronic product design experience
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree City, GA or Atlanta, GA will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of CAD and SolidWorks experience
- Knowledge of ERP systems with SAP experience being a plus.
- Knowledge of LED for general lighting
- Knowledge of UL/CSA/NOM/CE standards
- Knowledge of a stage gate process
Position Success Criteria :
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time