- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60788
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Global Technology Services Enterprise Cloud & Computer Operations Group (GTS-ECCO) provides technology solutions and platforms supporting Global Banking & Markets (GBM), Global Risk Management (GRM), as well as Canadian & International Banking. We serve 21 million customers across 55 countries and almost 87,000 employees.
The Global Network Services team focus is to deliver a network that enables Scotiabank to operate globally without barriers, under the premise of “One Network, One Bank.” This includes the delivery of solutions that are cost effective, meet the business needs, can scale seamlessly, and are secure. We design, build and manage the entire Scotiabank globally.
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Global Network Support & Services, the Senior Network Analyst will provide Levels 1 & 2 Network Support in a 24x7 rotational shift environment.
24x7 rotational shifts span both weekdays & weekends.
• Responsible for working on and managing all network incidents passed on from 1st Level network operations and the help desks or from monitoring tools.
• Implement low to medium complexity network changes as directed by the 3rd Level network team.
• Escalate incidents as required and keep Management informed of status on major incidents.
• Participate in multi-team task forces, via conference bridge, for major incident support.
• Participate in service meetings related to incident management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• You have at least 3 years of hands-on technical working experience with managing network incidents related to Cisco routers, switches and firewalls; TCP/IP networking (e.g., routing, switching & security) & WAN technologies.
• You possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• You have the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• The ability to work well under pressure is a part of your DNA.
• You possess a strong customer orientation.
• You have a keen ability to learn rapidly.
• Python scripting is an asset.
• Post-secondary education in a technology related field.
• Completion of a Cisco CCNP or CCIE certification.
• Other Network-related Certifications.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.