- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60250
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank’s engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that’s impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video
As a Senior Operations Engineer of our PLATO Application Engineering, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the bank develops applications, consume services, and manages our IT infrastructure. We are looking to build our operations team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers. The Enterprise Identity Solutions & Technology group provides solution designs, developments, integrations, and operational services for enterprise customer identity and authentication products. If you are passionate about taking accountability on production issues and their resolutions by providing proactive and reactive continous support services to customers, assist on in depth root cause analysis, have a strong operational-focused mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you!
Reporting to the DevOps & Operations Senior Manager, the individual will be responsible for:
- Accountable for ensuring production systems reliability, and availability with prompt response and remediation to issues and incidents.
- Incident and problem management with effective communication to all stakeholders. Lead the operation support to make sure SLOs are coniststently met
- Work in collaboration with L1 support, Development team, and different business channels on exixtent issues and ways to improve our services to avoid repetitive incidents (Predictibility)
- Hands on integration and deployment experience with one or more Identity Management and Access Management to provide SME knowledge on new initiatives that could improve existent solutions.
- Provide leadership, direction, and definition for the release management function including planning, scheduling, test coordination and implementation.
- Manage and coordinate Release Deployment and Post Go Live activities; provide status to the leadership and senior management on a regular basis for the release
- Suggesting architecture improvements, and recommending process improvements as Production support SME based on current production trends.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Create and update documentation, confluence pages and operational support documents.
- Production support and escalation during the day as well as off-hours. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and provide sound and rapid judgement to production issues for recommendations on either workaround or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages.
- Regularly conveying status to team and management.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks. Negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities.
- Managing implementation plans through ServiceNow. Ensure Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans are produced.
- Managing the release versions, stories, component changes, and bug tracking in tools such as JIRA or Application life cycle management etc.
- Provide transparency to the release schedule, identifying, and aligning environment needs for each release.
- Act as gatekeeper for delivery into production by ensuring understanding of and adherence to milestone definitions, ensuring appropriate criteria is met at each milestone, and monitoring and tracking the progress of changes targeted for each release.
Skills and Experiences:
- 8 years of experience developing and supporting applications.
- 2 years working knowledge on Identity Management solutions both external internet facing Authentication/Authorization standrad and full-stacked secured Access management environment and solutions.
- Strong Java OO Programming skills.
- Solid experience working on Infrastructure centric platforms,
- Working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time.
- 5 years DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Experience with Agile software development and project management methodologies.
- Experience with version control systems such as Bitbucket.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).Disciplined in development methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
- Network skills, exposure to F5, Load Banlancer, Akami
- Experience serving as release manager on large enterprise implementations
- Experience in using and integrating with GitHub, Maven, Artifactory, JUnit, Jenkins, SonarQube, JMeter, Jira .
- Experience with Identity & Access Management products from ForgeRock would be ideal.
- Excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems and shell programming
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.