- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Ethicon Surgical Care business a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a/n R&D Senior Product Plastics Development Engineer, Surgical Robotics, located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Our team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development (NPD) pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. Our Development Engineering staff works with NPD teams and Suppliers to develop robust component designs and manufacturing processes that meet or exceed all product requirements at the lowest possible manufacturing cost.
• The Senior Engineer will operate in a matrix global organization and lead/support New Product Development (NPD) projects to plan, design, develop, qualify, validate and stabilize plastic component development and qualification process solutions. Responsibility will include process development, qualification, and control for component and assembly solutions. Provide input to NPD teams on Design for Manufacturing, Assembly & Cost and drive product development to enable robust product and process development that meets business commitments and stabilization metrics. Responsible for designing and developing robust equipment, tooling and manufacturing processes to meet product requirements in compliance to Quality, Lean, Safety and Ergo requirements. Incorporates risk mitigation methodology to drive process stability and capability.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Engineering, combined with a minimum of 5 years work related engineering experience.
• A minimum of 3 years manufacturing process development or operations experience is required.
• Prior experience in Plastic processing is required.
• Prior experience in New Product Development is preferred.
• Experience within a medical device production environment or other regulated environment preferred.
• Prior Project Management experience preferred.
• Previous experience in the areas of Design for Manufacturing or Assembly (DFM & A) is preferred.
• Process Excellence Six Sigma knowledge is preferred.
• Risk Management is preferred.
• Measurement Systems Analysis preferred (G&RR).
• Statistical Analysis knowledge is preferred, (i.e. Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Stability/Control/Capability.
• Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5) is preferred.
• Experience working closely with external suppliers is preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and may require up to 30% travel domestic and internationally (including Juarez, Mexico).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.