- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sector: Policy and Innovation
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We're not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We're mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE )
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We've shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You're in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.This position reports to our Housing Finance Policy team in our Office of the SVP, Policy and Innovation sector.
About the role
We're constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. This existing role will provide business intelligence, research and policy analysis as a member of our Housing Finance Policy team that provides advice to senior management and the Minister. You will contribute to the conceptualization, development, implementation and/or measurement of new and existing government policies and programs that will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Economics, and Commerce or in a policy-related discipline with a minimum of two (2) years of policy work experience.
• Demonstrated research skills to collect and synthesize information from a variety of sources such as government reports, academic research, and stakeholder positions.
• Demonstrated communication and writing skills to effectively and succinctly present policy considerations, positions and proposals through briefing notes, decks, correspondence, policy papers and other materials.
• Tact and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive issues and external stakeholders.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently in individual projects, as well as ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to forge strong relationships with others.
• Great organization and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What you will be doing
• Conducting quantitative and/or qualitative analysis to support evidenced based advice on housing policies, programs and strategies, and to provide evidence for recommendations to senior management and the Minister.
• Scanning the internal and external operating environment for emerging policy and program issues and opportunities, and assess implications of the evolving business context for CMHC and housing.
• Collecting, analyzing and synthesizing information from diverse domestic and international sources to provide management with input on specific housing policy and other public policy topics.
• Representing CMHC at external meetings, committees and working groups to communicate corporate priorities and policy positions, and to obtain input to specific CMHC policy proposals.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We're excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: December 9, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4163
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Limited
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- trades and professions