- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This Product Manager role will include:
• Developing and championing a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
• Using customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
• Working with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
• Presenting and clearly articulating product strategy to company leadership.
• Researching competition and third party vendors to understand the market dynamics
• Prioritizing, designing and implementing projects and enhancements
• Leveraging data to make informed product decisions.
Product Discovery and Definition.
• Own the product discovery process.
• Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
• Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product requirements while following agile methodology.
• Manage partner relationships, identify necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluate and select vendors, negotiate agreements and contracts, and manage partnership integration
• Manage third-party dependencies and secure necessary engagement / resource alignment for the creation of co-developed product features
Product Implementation, Deployment and Support
• Engage with engineering and project management during implementation; quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
• Work closely with Marketing, the Business and AB testing teams to launch products and ensure their adoption.
• Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
• Define, track and improve key product metrics.
The ideal candidate has prior experience in product management and data analytics across eCommerce and Checkout domains. He/she is a strategic thinker, is analytical, detail and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. He/she is a highly motivated self-starter. This individual is an evangelist for his/her product and has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs, the product and the competitive landscape. He/she has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product. He/she is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. His/her product management experience and understanding of agile methodologies is essential to the successful development of requirements and products.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and 5 years of experience in product management
• Prior experience in the field of ecommerce, preferably in Checkout
About the company
Wal-Mart Stores, Doing business as Walmart, is an American multinational retailing corporation that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969. As of January 31, 2017, Walmart has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries, under a total of 63 banners. The company operates under the name Walmart in the United States and Canada. It operates as Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, as Asda in the United Kingdom, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, and as Best Price in India. It has wholly owned operations in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. It also owns and operates the Sam's Club retail warehouses.