- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 234878
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 100%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
*CANDIDATES CAN BE LOCATED NEAR ANY MAJOR CITY IN NORTH AMERICA*
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing and delivering strategic and complex programs and multiple inter-related projects. These projects are typically large in scale, high risk, and span organizational and national boundaries including multiple business units and multiple service partners/vendors. The Senior Project Manager will provide effective project oversight and project reviews to affect program success and serve as a mentor to project managers on program issues. They reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of program lessons learned and best program management practices development.
There are three key types of engagements which senior project managers lead:
- Large and complex programs
- Recovery of troubled programs
- Strategic projects and ramp-up projects
- Manage multiple projects or initiatives throughout various stages of the project life cycle.
- Institute appropriate Steering and Operational Governance, and conduct project phase stage-gate reviews with Project Office Lead or Head of Project Delivery
- Provide leadership to diagnose and overcome barriers to team/project progress
- Resolve internal and external team conflict to ensure adherence to project schedule and budget
- Identify project uncertainties, alternative resource plans, and other risks for both client and company. Implement mitigation strategies and contingency plans
- Prepare overall (integrated) project management plan in conjunction with Project Sponsor/Customer and report on deliverables, outputs and progress against this plan
- Manage project scope to ensure that requirements are analyzed, documented and agreed and the impact of any change is formally assessed, evaluated and approved
- Provide input to the Project Charter and secure Sponsor sign-off, prepare Project Checklist and Compliance Questionnaire
- Define policies, procedures and documentation to create, manage and control the project schedule
- Assist in the development of the project cost baseline and measure progress and completion forecasts against it, ensuring that variances are reported and approved as necessary.
- Demonstrate high level of financial and cost management discipline
- Organize and lead the project team to achieve the project objectives, ensuring that team roles, responsibilities and expectations are understood and fulfilled
- Ensure the collection, generation, distribution, storage, retrieval and timely distribution of project information to all stakeholders and project team members
- Monitor and control project risks, implementing mechanisms to identify and analyze them as well as plan responses to them
- Identify people, groups or organizations impacting or impacted by the project and develop strategies for engaging and communicating with them to meet their needs and expectations
- Contribute to the continued improvement of PMO standards of performance, striving for project execution excellence
- Assist the Solutioning Center with scoping and estimating engagements
- Determine required resources for the project
- Assess, document, communicate, and manage risk for the engagement
- Position SAP delivery methodology - SAP Activate -- in the engagement
Coaching & Mentoring
- Serve as mentor/advisor/decision-maker to project managers for issues related to corporate politics, external politics, client relations, project quality, and project risk
- Take responsibility from time to time as team lead and support respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
- Maintain program documentation and updates; analyze lessons learned and share with the Project Management Office for utilization on future programs
- Organize knowledge capturing activities at programs and ensure retention on high quality intellectual capital for SAP practices
- Participate in the development of project/program management leading practices, examples, and templates
- Technical Core Commerce
- Knowledge of SAP's HCM SuccessFactors technologies
- Solid knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Education and Functional Expertise
- University degree in Business Management, Project Manager, or comparable education or work experience
- Experience implementing complex systems
- Expert-level knowledge of all MS Office tools, particularly MS Project and MS Excel
- Achievement orientation, creative thinking and enthusiasm
- Open-minded, strong in communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written English
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly
- Proactive problem solving
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Experience in a Consulting environment
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: (see below) or (see below), APJ: (see below), EMEA: (see below) ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA