- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 198401
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- This senior position will report directly to the Project Director and will work within a team of rail related disciplines to support the Infrastructure business unit, business development and the execution of studies, all stages of Engineering Design for projects around the world.
- Supervise the self-perform design work and sub-contracted design for a broad range of engineering disciplines.
- Drives the engineering elements that form part of the overall project baseline and then delivers to the plan.
- Develops the execution plan that includes: staffing, office locations, communications, developing/ packaging the deliverables to meet procurement & construction needs, training and zippering plan.
- Plans and conducts independent work within the Infrastructure business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines and functions.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers engineering training through instructor led and virtual training sessions for the function.
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects which may include constructability requirements and technical reviews.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the rail industry and all relevant disciplines applicable to rail engineering design.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Build, strengthen, guide and mentor the project engineering team
- Extensive experience of undertaking and managing self-perform rail design from feasibility to detailed design (including as-builts)
- Experience in providing support to the other departments through commissioning and Brining Into Use.
- Extensive knowledge of field engineering, construction and testing & commissioning (T&C) activities.
- Able to support whole life-cycle costings and feasibility assessments.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering for the project in collaboration with contracts, procurement, construction and T&C.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Manages work using appropriate 3-D CAD tools.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of current trends and implements this into practices and procedures.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment or works.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Provides engineering support to proposal documents.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity
About the company
Is the largest construction and civil engineering company in the United States, ranking as the 4th-largest privately owned company in the United States.