- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
For the Voith Hydro, Field Service team, we are looking for you as a:
Sr. Site Supervisor
BECOME PART OF THE SOLUTION FOR A BETTER FUTURE AND JOIN A PASSIONATE TEAM!
The Sr. Site Supervisor will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the day-to-day activities of technical personnel/contractors throughout the installation of the Voith Group's proprietary hydro turbines, control equipment and related mechanical and auxiliary systems. He/she will also ensure that the work is performed safely and according to Voith's quality standards, schedule, budget, contractual engineering procedures and engineering drawings. In addition, he/she will be responsible for maintaining a work environment that is focused on continuous improvement, so that best practices and project management techniques are developed, integrated and shared throughout the organization.
- Ensure that each project lifecycle is efficiently executed in accordance with the Voith Group's established engineering design specifications and technical parameters, as well as contractual requirements, schedules, and quality standards.
- Analyze the feasibility, engineering design, operation and performance of hydro-electrical generation and distribution networks, mechanical instrumentation, automation and control systems, equipment and related components.
- Supervise contractor employees and engineering teams, while working closely with other Project Managers, Project Engineers, Quality Assurance Managers and Quality Assurance Inspectors on site.
- Provide leadership and manage the provision of technical training during the assembly and commissioning stages of Voith's hydroelectric equipment and the associated electrical and mechanical systems.
- In partnership with other supervisors and foremen, review site project requirements and coordinate the engineering specifications, materials, costs, schedules and resource priorities in accordance with the unique metrics and procedures developed by Voith .
- Ensure sure that all installations and/or assemblies are performed safely and in compliance with Voith's internal standards, client's requests and other legal requirements.
- Review the engineering, installation and maintenance procedures, and if necessary, partner with the Engineering team to develop new or improved methods that supplement existing procedures, such as lifting plans, health and safety processes, etc., and ensure that such processes and procedures are adhered to by contractors.
- Identify objectives and minimize obstacles to ensure on time completion of projects while searching for efficiencies to achieve faster and better results that impact bottom line improvement.
- Prepare commissioning, installation, site assessment and operation/maintenance documentation released for each engineering project.
- Review all reports and documentation (engineering drawings, specifications, Bills of Materials, etc.) to ensure compliance with contractual obligations as a well as Voith's quality standards.
- Act as one of the primary contacts with client representatives, with an emphasis on quality, safety and professional standards of employees/subcontractors and communicates frequently and openly with client representatives.
- Identify and communicate future opportunities to the Voith Hydro Site Manager and the Project Manager.
- Work continuously to improve the performance of the department by recommending best ideas and practices to Voith's installation and alternative work methods manual.
- Work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Manager and the Engineering Department to resolve non-compliances, notices of design change and other documentation.
- 10+ years of experience in supervising large hydro power generation projects.
- 15+ years of technical knowledge and experience with the design and installation of the entire hydro turbine at power sites, including the associated mechanical, electrical, auxiliary and/or hydraulic systems and components.
- Extensive experience with the application/implementation of lean manufacturing processes, including knowledge of Lean Management Systemtool.
- Experience with managing a team of 20 direct or indirect staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical E ngineering
- Flexibility with travelling to and working at remote sites
$100,000-$115,000 per year, commensurate with experience
- Disability insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Employer-provided pension
- Relocation allowance
- 40 hours per week
- Flexibility with working overtime (approximately 20 hours per week).
- Site C, Peace River East, British Columbia (Coordinates are: 56N, 12, 4.59" Latitude, 120W, 54, 21.76" Longitude)
- Keeyask Generating Station, Division No. 23, Unorganized (725 km north of Winnipeg on the lower Nelson River), Manitoba
- 2185 North Sheridan Way, Mississauga, Ontario, L5K 1A4 (and multiple company locations/sites across Canada).
- site manager