- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36740
Position Number: 20091635
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Department/Unit: Ultrasound - SBH
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 02/01/2020
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Weekends ; On Call
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $38.414, $39.566, $40.754, $41.976, $43.237, $44.533
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Reporting to the DI Program Manager, and under the general supervision of the DI Operations Manager, and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface General Hospital, the SENIOR SONOGRAPHER is responsible for: the assisting in the administration of the Section in terms of supervision, coordination of activities, selection of new staff, performance appraisals and orientation of staff; teaching activities; preventative and routine maintenance of equipment; quality control; technical duties; clinical workload and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Three(3) year s experience as a Medical Sonographer with experience in specific areas, techniques, teaching and supervision preferred.
- Successful completion of a post-diploma course in Diagnostic Medical Sonography from an approved school or equivalent.
- Successful completion of or present enrollment in an accredited course in health care administration or recognized equivalent required within one year.
- Additional applicable theoretical technical courses an asset.
- Adult Education courses an asset.
- Registration with the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP) and/or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) required.
- Maintain registry status by obtaining the required 30 hour Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits every three (3) years.
Qualifications and Skills
- Good physical and mental health with manual dexterity.
- Good communication, organization, leadership, teaching and human relation skills.
- Ability to adapt readily to stressful situations.
- Mature, professional manner.
A RESUME IS REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Physical Requirements Not Applicable
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.