- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that's why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
As the Senior Tax Analyst you will be responsible for preparing, filing and ensuring that payment of taxes is completed on time and in compliance with commodity tax and corporate income tax laws for all legal entities within the group.
This is a full time permanent role located at 100 International Boulevard, Toronto.
- Prepare Canadian HST and provincial commodity tax returns with related supporting schedules and working papers
- File and arrange for timely payment according to deadlines of federal and provincial commodity taxes and follow-up on all tax payments
- Prepare Canadian corporate income tax and partnership returns, payments, working papers and other compliance to ensure accurate and timely reporting of taxes
- Prepare annual deferred income tax provision and book to tax differences
- Prepare year end note disclosures related to income taxes in accordance with IFRS accounting standards
- Responsible for income and commodity tax account reconciliations and related working papers
- Manage government audit process and works directly with government auditors including gathering working papers and supporting documents
- Maintain organized audit ready files with appropriate documentation that are fully referenced and supported
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal controls and process improvements along with documentation for tax functions
- Ensure internal tax procedural documentation is up to date
- Implementation of commodity tax requirements in new ERP system, including automation to the tax compliance process
- Bachelor Degree in a financial discipline
- CPA Designation with a minimum of five years of tax experience
- Experienced in Canadian tax compliance with knowledge of commodity tax and corporate income tax accounting
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting principles
- Completed a CICA in-depth tax course
- Knowledge of business processes, specifically sales and purchases and legal entity financial reporting
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced Excel skills for compiling and manipulating data
- Demonstrated ability to use data query and reporting tools (Access, Cognos or similar)
- Experience with Oracle or an ERP system, accounting models and Taxprep is a definite asset
- Effective analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and efficiently under predetermined time schedules