- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Underwriter, Retail Business Banking, Credit Risk : 0000DWM5
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Senior Underwriter, Retail Business Banking, Credit Risk:
Provide Small Business/Retail credit risk assessments and approvals within delegated limits. Provide credit structuring support and advise the front line Relationship Manager’s.
- Perform appropriate due diligence to understand the borrower, analyze and interpret financial data, credit information, and assess security.
- Complete underwriting and ongoing monitoring reviews within the lending policies.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Effective communication with other underwriters, sales team and senior management.
- Ensure all information is complete prior to completing file review.
- Ensure adjudication is completed within Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Support ad-hoc projects as required such as system testing for underwriting enhancements, ad-hoc deal analysis and documentation.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC Brand.
- This position operates within established procedures for assigned unit.
- Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
- Ensure awareness of and effective identification/management of applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum 4-5 of years proven experience in Small business/Commercial/Retail lending, credit analysis or equivalent.
- Strong small business/retail credit risk knowledge and underwriting skills
- Knowledge of commercial/retail credit regulations and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven mathematical, analytical and communications skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Strong knowledge of HSBC credit products, policies and processes and systems.
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make.
: Risk and Compliance
: North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Dec-2019, 16:12:39 Unposting Date
: 19-Dec-2019, 04:59:00
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.