- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- DOWNTOWN, TORONTO, CANADA
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
With personal commitment and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences throughout all aspects of their stay by assisting colleagues and ensuring overall cleanliness, detail, care and maintenance of guestrooms, maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, provides a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests and provides Shangri-La hospitality from caring people.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships and communicate with internal colleagues to advise of guest service needs, items which require maintenance, issues or concerns in a prompt, proactive manner as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Clean, organize, restore and restock guest rooms or other areas of the hotel according to established standards, with genuine care, attention and detail, using approved hotel products and equipment.
- Restock and account for Mini-bar items in guest rooms.
- Ensure guestroom welcome amenities are delivered and retreated and replenished when needed as per established policy.
- Account for inventory items and supplies used, replenishing as required and organize, stock and maintain cleanliness of floor storerooms as well as guest areas.
- Actively demonstrates teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Assist other Colleagues in Housekeeping, as requested and undertakes other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Delight our guests at every interaction, with a genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, being internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Detail oriented – Great care and attention to detail in fast paced environment.
- Cleanliness Orientation – Demonstrated need for exceptional order and cleanliness, passion for cleaning, is well-groomed with good personal hygiene.
- Functional Competence – Safely work with cleaning chemicals, lift up to 50 lbs, stand, reach, grip and exert steady-paced mobility, able to push and pull carts or equipment weighing up to 250 lbs regularly throughout 8 hour shift.
- Operational Knowledge –Learn and follow Shangri-La deliverables, Shangri-La Toronto and Housekeeping service standards, programs, policies and procedures.
- Self motivation – Able to follow through on direction, with minimal supervision.
- Communication – Able to comprehend, read, write and speak English including workplace policies, job instruction, departmental and safety information.
- Problem solving –Able to prioritize, multi-task, help others; calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department, particularly being able to process transactions on PDA technology.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity
- Demonstrated understanding for luxury hotel standards of service.