- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Maple Ridge
Requisition ID: 53754
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: BC Store Operations
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia (CA-BC)
City: Maple Ridge
Location: 9477 Maple Ridge Thrifty
Postal Code: V2X 8S2
We are currently looking for staff to fill roles in a variety of departments at our Maple Ridge location. Thirfty Foods utilizes a variety of shifts which can suit your lifestyle needs, from night to daytime staff, weekends and weekdays! This is a great opportunity to try something new, or enhance skills already aquired. We provide training in most roles, so don t be shy and apply today. Applications can be submitted either online or at our Customer Service desk. Jump onboard with our excited team to serve our community with great customer service and our passion for food!
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Overview The Grocery Service Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Service Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Adherence to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies and Health and Safety, and other programs and initiatives
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Keep work area clean and presentable at all times
- Handle, organize, and rotate product in accordance with company standards
- Process customer grocery orders
- Demonstrate growth in product knowledge; remains aware of product changes and seasonal requirements
- Remain current with weekly and in-store specials
- Apply all cash management procedures, as applicable
- Accurately records information in all appropriate logs
- Program execution and merchandising product, following company presentation standards
- Handle and prepare grocery products in accordance with company quality standards and food safety protocols
- Increase store sales by actively promoting products
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
- human resources